We hear way too much about “the virus”—all of it false, and therefore dangerous—and, as well, about the Next Big Existential, said to be “climate change”; while we hear nothing about all the radiation from our cell phones, and the cellphone towers surrounding most of us—and that silence too is dangerous.
So here is a corrective. As you’ll see below, you won’t hear much more than this, unless you go in search of it, since scientists cannot find funding for studies of 5G, or even 4G (just as there’s no funding for the impact of Fukushima).
Health Effects of Cellphone & Cell Tower Radiation: Implications for 5G
Nov. 3, 2021
Notes on Q&A by Dylan Harnett
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q-_8PvG753A&t=4872s with Joel Moskowitz, PhD, Director of Center for Family and Community Health, School of Public Health, University of California, Berkeley
Moskowitz received over 100 questions during the Q&A, and he was not able to get to my question about whether shungite protects against EMF. Here is one argument for shungite with citations of studies, and here is one argument against it.
Some of my notes:
- Dr. Moskowitz recommended the site saferemer.com for safety tips regarding technology and health. Minimize use of the tech; keep as much physical distance from your devices as you can; use speaker phone for calls; don’t use a device when the reception is poor; and turn off WiFi router and wireless connections whenever you can, or, better yet, use wired connections.
- Since 2001, electromagnetic radiation/EMF, which emits from phones and other devices, has been considered “possibly carcinogenic” by the WHO’s International Agency for Research on Cancer.
- Among 944 studies from 1990 to 2020, significant negative effects of wireless radiation on health were found in 711, or 75%, of studies. Meta-analyses have similar findings.
- The FCC’s regulations on EMF are not designed to protect against long-term effects of constant exposure.
- The amount of money spent by the telecom industry to lobby politicians is at a comparable level to the money spent by the oil & gas industry: https://www.opensecrets.org/federal-lobbying/industries/summary?cycle=2021&id=B09
- According to Dr. Moskowitz, scientists at the CDC published a warning about cellphone risks on the CDC’s website, but the warning was taken down at the behest of industry-funded scientists. The alleged archive of the original warning can be found here. The New York Times reported on the CDC’s “debate” over these risks in 2016.
- It’s nearly impossible to get funding to study the health effects of 5G. No peer-reviewed studies on 5G have been published. There are not even many studies on 4G.
- The media reports the government’s narrative without scrutiny. It’s the Big Tobacco playbook.
- Relevant petitions include the EMF Scientist Appeal and the 5G Appeal.
- Organizations working to check the telecom industry include the Environmental Health Trust, which sued the FCC and won; Physicians for Safe Technology; and Americans for Responsible Technology.