From Les Jamieson:
The NY legislature is in session till June 10th.There are 2 prospective bills to regulate smart meters. These bills unfortunately fall very short of what we need. Bear in mind, the first attempt to address problems of smart meters was in 2013! We’re long overdue. We have a 10-minute video where you’ll see firsthand the extremely high levels of RF emissions, which are hazardous and have injured people. Here are a 3 steps to take now:
Watch the video at least twice at:
Go to these web pages which have the 2 proposed bills. Go to the bottom and add a comment. Here’s an example:
“Customers should have never been imposed upon to opt out. This has been an invasion of property rights, right to live in a healthy environment, and right to privacy. Smart meters are designed to collect data and profile behavior. Utilities should have been required to explain how smart meters function, then installations should only take place upon written consent from the customer. Didn’t happen. Regardless, these “smart meters” are obsolete. We should either keep the reliable analog meters or non-RF emitting meters connected by fiber optic cable. The industry knows these exist. Using these would actually be “smart”.”
Contact your NY State Senator and Assembly Member today. To find yours, go to ….
Call AND email your senator and assembly member with the following points:
1. The Public Service Commission and utilities have bullied and coerced customers, imposing MICROWAVE RADIATION-TRANSMITTING utility meters incorrectly called “smart” meters, despite the fact that the original 2005 Federal Law merely allowed customers who wanted them to have them by choice. Legally, this represents an “opt-in” situation.
2. I object to being forced to have to opt out of these misnamed “smart” meters.
3. I do not consent to being exposed, and object to forced exposure, to these meters’ hazardous, pulse-modulated microwave radiation spikes, which at their peaks can exceed FCC guidelines.
4. I object to the warrantless search-and seizure data collection that these meters perform within my home.
5. By contrast, designs exist for meters which operate by copper wire and fiber optic cable. These are more secure, accurate, reliable, and more energy-efficient. Analog meters are even better – they lasted nearly a century without incident. The “smart meters” currently used by the utilities are already OBSOLETE.
6. Watch this 10-minute video at https://rebrand.ly/ny-smart-meter-alert to see firsthand the hazardous levels of pulsed-modulated microwave radiation emitted by so-called “smart meters”.
7. I want a state-wide moratorium on so-called “smart meter” buildout. Members of the public, forced as they are to be utility customers, need the option to retain their existing analog meters.
8. For all those with microwave radiation-transmitting meters, the utilities have an obligation to, and must be ordered to provide shielding such as meter covers and circuit-board filters which eliminate dirty electricity, along with fire hazard protections to begin immediately and be completed within one year statewide. To facilitate this action, utilities must provide the capability for customers to order meter covers which are easily attached, to be funded by them and the PSC.
9. Legislators must enact laws requiring misnamed “smart” meters to be replaced with the customer’s choice of analog or wired copper or fiber optic cable meters, and should require by law that all so-called “smart” meters be replaced statewide by December 31, 2024.
As part of our lobbying effort for strong smart meter legislation, we need to contact every member of the Energy & Telecommunications Committee and deliver the talking points below. Here are their web pages. There are links on each to message them. We also need to call their offices.
Here is the message:
NY State utilities have been installing meters for over a decade which emit excessive levels of pulsed microwave radiation which is hazardous to our health and property. These utilities and the PSC had a duty to know of harm caused, for also over a decade, by meters throughout the country emitting this radiation. Instead, NY State residents have had this technology imposed upon us, with poorly written notices and opt-out instructions most people easily miss. Then we’re charged fees, are forced to argue with utilities to get our analog meters back, and are told utilities have the authority to dictate terms we never gave consent to. This has all happened while being subjected to forced exposure. This has been an invasion of property rights, right to live in a healthy environment, and right to privacy. Smart meters are designed to collect data, profile behavior, and provide justification for “congestion pricing”, which means higher rates. Utilities should have been required to explain how smart meters function, then installations should only have taken place upon written consent from the customer. Proposed bills S.3030 and S5578 fall far short of what we need.
See for yourself what “smart meters” are doing 24/7 in our homes and streets. Here’s a 10 minute video that shows the hazardous levels of microwave spikes – https://rebrand.ly/ny-smart-meter-alert.
Here’s the solution we need because so-called “smart meters” are actually obsolete. Technology exists whereby meters can communicate by copper wire or fiber optic cable. They emit zero pulsed microwave radiation, can’t be hacked, have surge protection, and protect privacy. The industry knows these exist. Using them would actually be “smart”. We need legislation that moves metering devices in this direction, provides shielded covers for existing RF-emitted meters until replacements take place, and allows customers with analog meters to keep them. They’ve worked for a century. “Smart meters” provide no benefit to the public. They just provide profits to utilities and data collection enterprises. Please do not let 2021 pass without smart meter legislation in the public interest. ———————
Folks, I know this is a bit much but, after you view the video you’ll see clearly why it’s vitally important to take these actions. Here’s why. We’re being subjected to corporate abuse of power. We need to use our collective power to correct the situation. State reps must be accountable to us, not the monopoly utilities. You can do it all in 45 minutes or less. PLEASE SPREAD THE WORD.
Thanks in advance,