This is like giving Dr. Mengele the Nobel Prize for medicine.
An excellent essay from 2012, still all too relevant in 2020.
Must be a Trump supporter.
The good doctor nails it; and what he has to say about our children in particular is urgent: This fear pandemic is doing all of them grave harm. How do we stop it, when so many parents, and other (nominal) grown-ups, are too panicky to think straight?
That’s not a rhetorical question. PLEASE share this far and wide.
Here’s how they’ve cooked up, or magnified, this “second wave” in Florida (and probably elsewhere as well):
(1) by reporting only positive test results, as Fox 35 reported in Orlando on July 14 (as piece I sent out earlier): https://www.fox35orlando.com/news/fox-35-investigates-florida-department-of-health-says-some-labs-have-not-reported-negative-covid-19-results
(2) by misreporting deaths of all kinds as “COVID-19” deaths, as CBS-affiliate 12 News reported in West Palm Beach on July 23: https://cbs12.com/news/local/i-team-deaths-incorrectly-attributed-to-covid-19-in-palm-beach-county
That brings the COVID-19 death rate up to 266, out of a population of 4,936,000.
That’s a COVID-19 death rate of 0.005%.
And look what Melbourne’s doing.
From Elliot Crown:
A “state of disaster” was declared in Melbourne, Australia when SEVEN (7) SENIOR CITIZENS OVER THE AGES OF 70, 80, and 90, died from or with COVID. This is the most draconian measures ever implemented in response to COVID in a western democracy, including:
– Cannot travel more than 5 km from your home
– Can only leave home to exercise 1 hour per day
– Only one person can go shopping per family each day
– All shopping is to be done within 5 km
– No visitors allowed in your home
– Schooling 100% remote with rare exception
– Shutting down all businesses
– Shutting down all services
– Shutting down all construction
In six months time, will this be ‘the new normal’ in many so-called western democracies?
The population of the Philippines is 109,581,078.
The COVID-19 death rate there is 2,168.
So the COVID-19 death rate in the Philippines is 0.0019%.
Crazy as it is, this new requirement isn’t any crazier than that’s been happening here.
This appears to be insane, though there’s a method to the madness: making lots of land available to be snatched up for pennies on the pound.
UK going Chinatown.