About Mark Crispin Miller
Mark Crispin Miller is a Professor of Media, Culture and Communication at New York University. He is the author of several books, including Boxed In: The Culture of TV; The Bush Dyslexicon: Observations on a National Disorder; Cruel and Unusual: Bush/Cheney’s New World Order and Fooled Again: The Real Case for Electoral Reform. He is also the editor of Loser Take All: Election Fraud and the Subversion of Democracy, 2000-2008. His essays and articles have appeared in many journals, magazines and newspapers throughout the nation and the world, and he has given countless interviews worldwide.
Miller is the editor of Icons of America, a book series published by Yale University Press. Miller is now at work on The Marlboro Man: An American Success Story, to be published by Yale University Press in 2011. He is also editor of Discovering America, a new book series from the University of Texas Press.
Miller earned his bachelor’s degree from Northwestern University in 1971, and his doctorate in English from Johns Hopkins University in 1977. Although he specialized in Renaissance literature, Miller is best known as a media critic. Before joining New York University, Miller served as director of film studies at Johns Hopkins University.
The Hidden History of the JFK Assassination
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Those robo-cops in Ferguson—and not just there—are out to kill the poor (MUST-READ by Kareem Abdul-Jabbar)
- Detroit protesters win a moratorium on water shutoff, call for probe of vast corruption
- Another view of why the CDC owns that patent on Ebola
- Russians offer evidence of Kiev’s trigger hand in MH17 downing
- Why are all those trolls out there? NYTimes’ Fahrad Manjoo blames “incivility”—not the state or corporations
- best toddler booster car seat on Election fraud or “voter fraud”? Jonathan Simon wipes the floor with vote-blocker Hans von Spakovsky
- blaze doric on Calling Russia “the aggressor,” US is the one that wants a war
- Bestblurayplayerreviews2014.com on Why is Disney sucking up to the far right?
- Jonelle on Did Romney cheat as well as lie?
- Working Hay Day Hacks on Big Pharma’s faking a “grass-roots” campaign to keep Jenny McCarthy off “The View”
- Don't buy these products from Koch Industries!
- Russians offer evidence of Kiev's trigger hand in MH17 downing
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- "The Laramie Project" is a potent propaganda fantasy about the life and death of Matthew Shepard
- Without net neutrality, we wouldn't know what's happening in Ferguson...
- Talking Points Memo
- William Betz
- Democratic Undergroud
- Barry Gordon
- Election Defense Alliance
- The International Human Press
- The Existentialist Cowboy
- Thom Hartmann
- Mainstream Baptist
- Fairness & Accuracy in Reporting
- Words of Power
- t r u t h o u t
- The Rude Pudit
- alias Bruce
- Citizens for Legitimate Government
- Richard Charnin
- Writers Voice
- Media Matters
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.