If you’d like to have Mark as a speaker at your school or any other suitable event,
please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for details.
Mark Crispin Miller’s topics include:
▲ the history of news in the United States, and the slow death of the mainstream press
▲ why the US has the worst news system in the world (among developed nations)
▲ misunderstandings of the First Amendment
▲ the rise and fall of advertising
▲ the story of the Marlboro Man
▲ The Godfather, Chinatown and other cinematic masterpieces of the Seventies
▲ violence on the screen
▲ the history of propaganda
▲ the myth of “liberal bias” in the media, and the major stories that do not get covered
▲ corporate media ownership, and the need for media reform
▲ the victories of the Christian right (even under Obama)
▲ how US presidents have used the media
▲ 9/11 and the notion of “conspiracy theory”
▲ the Gulf War, “Mission Accomplished” and other propaganda masterpieces
▲ Dick Cheney, Karl Rove and the legacy of Richard Nixon
▲ the history of vote suppression and election fraud in the United States (especially since 2000) and the need for real electoral reform
Send inquiries to: email@example.com
The Hidden History of the JFK Assassination
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- EU spy chief sees NO Russian troops in East Ukraine
- NATO moving in on Russia (2 items)
- NYU gave John Sexton’s son a duplex in the Village, despite a “severe housing shortage” for the faculty
- Kiev brownshirts thrash a presidential candidate as NYTimes hollers “2 + 2 = 5!” (3 items)
- Kiev junta orders military to attack pro-Russian protesters (just after CIA’s John Brennan pays a secret visit there), says Yanukovich
- ray on Don’t buy these products from Koch Industries!
- Bruce P., M.D. on After David Koch leaves NIH board, NIH classifies formaldehyde—a big Koch product—as a cause of cancer
- Jonny Fredagsvik on MetroPCS is blocking Netflix, Skype and other sites–unless you pay extra
- Uncle Sam on Don’t buy these products from Koch Industries!
- Brian on In California, GMO food labeling law will be on ballots on Election Day!
- NATO moving in on Russia (2 items)
- Don't buy these products from Koch Industries!
- Kiev brownshirts thrash a presidential candidate as NYTimes hollers "2 + 2 = 5!" (3 items)
- Where the money goes at NYU
- NYU gave John Sexton's son a duplex in the Village, despite a "severe housing shortage" for the faculty
- Suburban Guerrilla
- Barry Gordon
- Fairness & Accuracy in Reporting
- The International Human Press
- alias Bruce
- Democratic Undergroud
- Words of Power
- Veterans for Common Sense
- Citizens for Legitimate Government
- Cody Lyon
- Election Defense Alliance
- Online Journal
- Talking Points Memo
- Evil GOP Bastards
- Thom Hartmann
- Media Channel
- The Ostroy Report
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.