If you’d like to have Mark as a speaker at your school or any other suitable event,
please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for details.
Mark Crispin Miller’s topics include:
▲ the history of news in the United States, and the slow death of the mainstream press
▲ why the US has the worst news system in the world (among developed nations)
▲ misunderstandings of the First Amendment
▲ the rise and fall of advertising
▲ the story of the Marlboro Man
▲ The Godfather, Chinatown and other cinematic masterpieces of the Seventies
▲ violence on the screen
▲ the history of propaganda
▲ the myth of “liberal bias” in the media, and the major stories that do not get covered
▲ corporate media ownership, and the need for media reform
▲ the victories of the Christian right (even under Obama)
▲ how US presidents have used the media
▲ 9/11 and the notion of “conspiracy theory”
▲ the Gulf War, “Mission Accomplished” and other propaganda masterpieces
▲ Dick Cheney, Karl Rove and the legacy of Richard Nixon
▲ the history of vote suppression and election fraud in the United States (especially since 2000) and the need for real electoral reform
Send inquiries to: email@example.com
The Hidden History of the JFK Assassination
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- A look back at how the US destroyed Libya
- Howling over Putin’s crimes (?), US backs the killers in Ukraine and Gaza
- Why do university administrators get paid so much (and for doing WHAT, exactly)?
- How natural gas—Obama’s panacea—-makes global warming WORSE
- FL cop forces drunk man to move his car, then shoots him dead when he bumps into other cars
- Gary Ravetto on Don’t let them STARVE Don Siegelman!
- ray on Don’t buy these products from Koch Industries!
- Bruce P., M.D. on After David Koch leaves NIH board, NIH classifies formaldehyde—a big Koch product—as a cause of cancer
- Jonny Fredagsvik on MetroPCS is blocking Netflix, Skype and other sites–unless you pay extra
- Uncle Sam on Don’t buy these products from Koch Industries!
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- Lest we forget: US shot down a civilian airliner, killing 290 people; then lied about it (and never apologized)
- Mortality rate at Goldman Sachs spikes yet AGAIN as managing director dies in "kite surfing accident"
- Six ways in which the MSM deludes Americans with whopping lies (MUST-READ)
- Early America
- The Ostroy Report
- Words of Power
- Citizens for Legitimate Government
- The Existentialist Cowboy
- Suburban Guerrilla
- Media Matters
- History Unfolding
- The Rude Pudit
- alias Bruce
- Election Defense Alliance
- Veterans for Common Sense
- William Betz
- t r u t h o u t
- Talking Points Memo
- Cody Lyon
- Richard Charnin
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.