If you’d like to have Mark as a speaker at your school or any other suitable event,
please contact email@example.com for details.
Mark Crispin Miller’s topics include:
▲ the history of news in the United States, and the slow death of the mainstream press
▲ why the US has the worst news system in the world (among developed nations)
▲ misunderstandings of the First Amendment
▲ the rise and fall of advertising
▲ the story of the Marlboro Man
▲ The Godfather, Chinatown and other cinematic masterpieces of the Seventies
▲ violence on the screen
▲ the history of propaganda
▲ the myth of “liberal bias” in the media, and the major stories that do not get covered
▲ corporate media ownership, and the need for media reform
▲ the victories of the Christian right (even under Obama)
▲ how US presidents have used the media
▲ 9/11 and the notion of “conspiracy theory”
▲ the Gulf War, “Mission Accomplished” and other propaganda masterpieces
▲ Dick Cheney, Karl Rove and the legacy of Richard Nixon
▲ the history of vote suppression and election fraud in the United States (especially since 2000) and the need for real electoral reform
Send inquiries to: firstname.lastname@example.org
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: email@example.com
- “Conspiracy theorists” are more rational than those who smear them, study finds
- GOP must “elect” more governors, so they can (continue to) control “voting mechanisms,” Chris Christie says
- ISIS, Inc. (They’re making out like bandits…)
- NYPD arrests a musician for singing, although he broke no law (VIDEO)
- Greece is losing its free press to fascist violence
- Zack Taylor on Spooks in academia
- susan on Manhattan’s latest giant eyesore will have three floors just for “maid’s rooms”
- blaze doric on Calling Russia “the aggressor,” US is the one that wants a war
- Jonelle on Did Romney cheat as well as lie?
- Die Woche im Rückspiegel betrachtet | Lars Schall on Forbidden Bookshelf
- Don't buy these products from Koch Industries!
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- Where the money goes at NYU
- "Conspiracy theorists" are more rational than those who smear them, study finds
- GOP site offers plan to infiltrate left/liberal sites with trolls posing as "progressives"
- The International Human Press
- Mainstream Baptist
- The Ostroy Report
- Election Defense Alliance
- Media Channel
- Thom Hartmann
- Democratic Undergroud
- Talking Points Memo
- The Existentialist Cowboy
- Veterans for Common Sense
- Richard Charnin
- Writers Voice
- Evil GOP Bastards
- Barry Gordon
- History Unfolding
- Early America
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.