If you’d like to have Mark as a speaker at your school or any other suitable event,
please contact email@example.com for details.
Mark Crispin Miller’s topics include:
▲ the history of news in the United States, and the slow death of the mainstream press
▲ why the US has the worst news system in the world (among developed nations)
▲ misunderstandings of the First Amendment
▲ the rise and fall of advertising
▲ the story of the Marlboro Man
▲ The Godfather, Chinatown and other cinematic masterpieces of the Seventies
▲ violence on the screen
▲ the history of propaganda
▲ the myth of “liberal bias” in the media, and the major stories that do not get covered
▲ corporate media ownership, and the need for media reform
▲ the victories of the Christian right (even under Obama)
▲ how US presidents have used the media
▲ 9/11 and the notion of “conspiracy theory”
▲ the Gulf War, “Mission Accomplished” and other propaganda masterpieces
▲ Dick Cheney, Karl Rove and the legacy of Richard Nixon
▲ the history of vote suppression and election fraud in the United States (especially since 2000) and the need for real electoral reform
Send inquiries to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Hidden History of the JFK Assassination
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: email@example.com
- The New Yorker scores one for Monsanto with its “profile” of Vandana Shiva
- Kiev’s forces failing in the East
- We’re paying dearly for Barack Obama’s faux-progressive dance
- Vexed by dissidents in parliament, Ukraine’s president dissolves it
- “Bad teachers” are the cause of US inequality, according to Bill Gates. (Did he learn that in school?)
- blaze doric on Calling Russia “the aggressor,” US is the one that wants a war
- Jonelle on Did Romney cheat as well as lie?
- Die Woche im Rückspiegel betrachtet | Lars Schall on Forbidden Bookshelf
- http://iclworld.ru on Eight BIG PROBLEMS with the “case” against Assange (MUST-READ by Naomi Wolf)
- Pressure at work on “Liberal election fraud running rampant” in Arizona, say Tea-Baggers!
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- "Bad teachers" are the cause of US inequality, according to Bill Gates. (Did he learn that in school?)
- Don't buy these products from Koch Industries!
- Help tell the world about what happened to Don Siegelman!
- The New Yorker scores one for Monsanto with its "profile" of Vandana Shiva
- Words of Power
- Citizens for Legitimate Government
- The Existentialist Cowboy
- Writers Voice
- The Ostroy Report
- Media Matters
- Media Channel
- William Betz
- Online Journal
- The Rude Pudit
- Fairness & Accuracy in Reporting
- Mainstream Baptist
- Cody Lyon
- Suburban Guerrilla
- Talking Points Memo
- History Unfolding
- Thom Hartmann
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.