If you’d like to have Mark as a speaker at your school or any other suitable event,
please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for details.
Mark Crispin Miller’s topics include:
▲ the history of news in the United States, and the slow death of the mainstream press
▲ why the US has the worst news system in the world (among developed nations)
▲ misunderstandings of the First Amendment
▲ the rise and fall of advertising
▲ the story of the Marlboro Man
▲ The Godfather, Chinatown and other cinematic masterpieces of the Seventies
▲ violence on the screen
▲ the history of propaganda
▲ the myth of “liberal bias” in the media, and the major stories that do not get covered
▲ corporate media ownership, and the need for media reform
▲ the victories of the Christian right (even under Obama)
▲ how US presidents have used the media
▲ 9/11 and the notion of “conspiracy theory”
▲ the Gulf War, “Mission Accomplished” and other propaganda masterpieces
▲ Dick Cheney, Karl Rove and the legacy of Richard Nixon
▲ the history of vote suppression and election fraud in the United States (especially since 2000) and the need for real electoral reform
Send inquiries to: email@example.com
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- “No comparison can be made” between 9/11 and CIA torture, says Dick Cheney (and he would know!)
- Nailed by all-white jury for “election fraud,” Rev. Edward Pinckney faces life in prison
- Is that President Obama’s CIA, or the CIA’s President Obama?
- Rudy Giuliani uses Eric Garner’s death to bash the Teachers Union
- Bush/Cheney convicted of war crimes in absentia
- Zack Taylor on Spooks in academia
- susan on Manhattan’s latest giant eyesore will have three floors just for “maid’s rooms”
- blaze doric on Calling Russia “the aggressor,” US is the one that wants a war
- Jonelle on Did Romney cheat as well as lie?
- Die Woche im Rückspiegel betrachtet | Lars Schall on Forbidden Bookshelf
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- Don't buy these products from Koch Industries!
- "No comparison can be made" between 9/11 and CIA torture, says Dick Cheney (and he would know!)
- Where the money goes at NYU
- Nailed by all-white jury for "election fraud," Rev. Edward Pinckney faces life in prison
- The Ostroy Report
- Citizens for Legitimate Government
- alias Bruce
- Veterans for Common Sense
- Mainstream Baptist
- Writers Voice
- The Existentialist Cowboy
- Election Defense Alliance
- Richard Charnin
- The International Human Press
- Early America
- Evil GOP Bastards
- Media Matters
- History Unfolding
- Suburban Guerrilla
- Online Journal
- The Rude Pudit
- Barry Gordon
- Words of Power
- William Betz
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.