Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
“A marvel of passionate succinctness, Robert Kane Pappas’ docu critically examines the Fourth Estate, once the bastion of American democracy. Docu asks, “Could a media system, controlled by a few global corporations with the ability to overwhelm all competing voices, be able to turn lies into truth?…” — Variety
Support independent filmmaking. Buy it direct.
If ordering from within the U.S. – 24.95 + 3.95 S&H:
If ordering from outside of the U.S. – 24.95 + 8.95 S&H:
More about the film
“While We Were Sleeping”
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: email@example.com
- “No comparison can be made” between 9/11 and CIA torture, says Dick Cheney (and he would know!)
- Nailed by all-white jury for “election fraud,” Rev. Edward Pinckney faces life in prison
- Is that President Obama’s CIA, or the CIA’s President Obama?
- Rudy Giuliani uses Eric Garner’s death to bash the Teachers Union
- Bush/Cheney convicted of war crimes in absentia
- Zack Taylor on Spooks in academia
- susan on Manhattan’s latest giant eyesore will have three floors just for “maid’s rooms”
- blaze doric on Calling Russia “the aggressor,” US is the one that wants a war
- Jonelle on Did Romney cheat as well as lie?
- Die Woche im Rückspiegel betrachtet | Lars Schall on Forbidden Bookshelf
- Don't buy these products from Koch Industries!
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- "No comparison can be made" between 9/11 and CIA torture, says Dick Cheney (and he would know!)
- Is that President Obama's CIA, or the CIA's President Obama?
- Where the money goes at NYU
- Cody Lyon
- Richard Charnin
- Evil GOP Bastards
- The Rude Pudit
- Writers Voice
- William Betz
- Thom Hartmann
- Early America
- Democratic Undergroud
- Media Matters
- The International Human Press
- The Ostroy Report
- Barry Gordon
- Talking Points Memo
- Veterans for Common Sense
- Online Journal
- Fairness & Accuracy in Reporting
- Citizens for Legitimate Government
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.