5 Times Debbie Wasserman Schultz Violated DNC Rules and Stacked the Deck in Favor of Clinton
By AMANDA GIRARD
Here’s how Debbie Wasserman Schultz has violated her own party’s rules to rig the process.
Tonight’s Democratic debate in Manchester, New Hampshire comes just a day after a very public battle between the Bernie Sanders campaign and Debbie Wasserman Schultz, chair of the Democratic National Committee. And given how Sanders raised an additional $1 million in just one day by maligning the Democratic Party organization as a saboteur working on behalf of his rival, the head of the DNC has made a name for herself among many Democratic voters as a shill for the Clinton machine.
If Wasserman Schultz hopes to maintain credibility, bring unity to the party, and help more Democrats win elections, it has a lot of work to do to define its reputation as something other than what former Virginia US Senator Jim Webb called “an arm for the Clinton campaign.”
Here are 5 blatant examples of the DNC tipping the scales in favor of Hillary Clinton during the 2016 Democratic primaries:
1. Scheduling primary debates to garner as few viewers as possible
2. Grassroots Clinton field offices co-located at DNC offices
3. Dismantling Bernie Sanders’ campaign over one staffer’s mistake
4. DNC finance chair caught raising money for Clinton
5. The DNC lined up superdelegates for Clinton before first debate