BERNIE SANDERS POLLS: AFTER TRAILING HILLARY CLINTON BY 30 POINTS IN ILLINOIS, SANDERS NOW LEADS JUST TWO DAYS BEFORE VOTING
By NATHAN FRANCIS
Bernie Sanders is nearing Hillary Clinton in Illinois, with the Vermont Senator aiming to pull off another upset win like last week’s surprising victory in Michigan.
The Sanders campaign would have been close to wrapped up had he lost last week in Michigan, a state where polls showed Clinton ahead by a roughly 20-point margin. But instead Sanders pulled off the upset victory, propelling his campaign forward to critical upcoming votes in Ohio, Florida, and Illinois.
New polls released Sunday show that Bernie Sanders may be close to pulling off another victory in Illinois. Like in Michigan, Hillary Clinton once dominated polling in Illinois, with Real Clear Politics giving her a roughly 32-point advantage.
But much of that polling comes from before Sanders pulled off the Michigan upset, and new data suggests that her lead may have all but evaporated.
A CBS News poll found that Bernie Sanders now leads 48 percent to 46 percent.
A new poll from NBC News/Wall Street Journal/Marist also shows a very tight race, with Sanders slashing the lead to just six points, trailing Clinton 51 percent to 45 percent.
The contest on Tuesday will now be a test of whether last week’s outcome in Michigan was an outlier or the sign of a shifting race, with the Clinton-friendly states in the south largely over and now Bernie Sanders with a chance to make up ground in the midwest.
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: email@example.com
- Please HELP FUND this documentary on JFK’s assassination!
- Talkin’ World War One Blues…
- How Australia plans to keep its vaccinated children safe from illnesses that they can’t catch
- On the mass delusion now afflicting liberals (and putting all of us at risk)
- There’s actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in “Russia-gate.”
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- There's actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in "Russia-gate."
- Please HELP FUND this documentary on JFK's assassination!
- Don't buy these products from Koch Industries!
- The Rude Pudit
- Media Channel
- Citizens for Legitimate Government
- Thom Hartmann
- Media Matters
- Election Defense Alliance
- William Betz
- Fairness & Accuracy in Reporting
- Early America
- Richard Charnin
- t r u t h o u t
- Words of Power
- alias Bruce
- Veterans for Common Sense
- Barry Gordon
- The Existentialist Cowboy
- History Unfolding
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.