Trump boots New York Times reporter who criticized him from campaign event in Iowa
By BETHANIA PALMA MARKUS
A New York Times reporter who had written a critical story about GOP front runner Donald Trump’s Iowa campaign operation was kicked out of a campaign event on Friday.
Times reporter Trip Gabriel wrote he arrived late to an event at Pizza Ranch in Iowa. But shortly after arriving and going through screening, Gabriel was turned away by a Trump campaign staffer and a police officer.
“A Trump campaign aide walking beside the officer said I was being excluded on orders from ‘Chuck and Stephanie,’ an apparent reference to Mr. Trump’s Iowa state director, Chuck Laudner, and his wife, Stephanie, also a staff member,” Gabriel wrote.
The officer told him, “It’s a private event, you have to go.”
Earlier this week, Gabriel wrote a story entitled, “Donald Trump’s Iowa Ground Game Seems to Be Missing a Coach.” In it, he notes that Trump’s ground team in Iowa is disorganized.
“Compared with the well-oiled machines of other leading candidates in both parties, particularly that of the Cruz campaign, the Trump ground game in Iowa seems partly an afterthought, as if Mr. Trump’s strategy is to leverage his charisma — the appeal that draws thousands to his rallies — to motivate voters,” Gabriel writes.
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: email@example.com
- Please HELP FUND this documentary on JFK’s assassination!
- Talkin’ World War One Blues…
- How Australia plans to keep its vaccinated children safe from illnesses that they can’t catch
- On the mass delusion now afflicting liberals (and putting all of us at risk)
- There’s actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in “Russia-gate.”
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- There's actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in "Russia-gate."
- Please HELP FUND this documentary on JFK's assassination!
- Don't buy these products from Koch Industries!
- Media Channel
- William Betz
- Richard Charnin
- Fairness & Accuracy in Reporting
- Writers Voice
- Mainstream Baptist
- Veterans for Common Sense
- Online Journal
- Evil GOP Bastards
- alias Bruce
- Media Matters
- Cody Lyon
- Words of Power
- Suburban Guerrilla
- Election Defense Alliance
- The International Human Press
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.