by Simona Chiose
Forty thousand York University students are not in class this morning after the university suspended classes following the decision by the school’s non-contract faculty to strike.
It is the first strike at York in seven years, but already students on social media were raising the spectre of the last labour disruption by teaching assistants and non-tenure track faculty. That strike, in 2008, lasted three months and ended with provincial back-to-work legislation. Coming so late in the school year, the strike threatens to derail students’ graduation timelines.
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: email@example.com
- Please HELP FUND this documentary on JFK’s assassination!
- Talkin’ World War One Blues…
- How Australia plans to keep its vaccinated children safe from illnesses that they can’t catch
- On the mass delusion now afflicting liberals (and putting all of us at risk)
- There’s actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in “Russia-gate.”
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- There's actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in "Russia-gate."
- Please HELP FUND this documentary on JFK's assassination!
- Don't buy these products from Koch Industries!
- Veterans for Common Sense
- The Ostroy Report
- Fairness & Accuracy in Reporting
- Talking Points Memo
- Thom Hartmann
- The International Human Press
- Words of Power
- Mainstream Baptist
- Democratic Undergroud
- Early America
- Election Defense Alliance
- History Unfolding
- Media Matters
- Online Journal
- Citizens for Legitimate Government
- Cody Lyon
- Media Channel
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.