Founder of WV Chemical Spill Company Is a Twice-Convicted Felon
MARK KARLIN, EDITOR OF BUZZFLASH AT TRUTHOUT
According to the Charleston Gazette (West Virginia), “Freedom Industries, the company responsible for contaminating the water of 300,000 Kanawha Valley residents, was founded by a two-time convicted felon [and] benefited from the 2009 federal stimulus.”
The Gazette identifies the co-founder as Carl Lemley Kennedy II. The Gazette also states that Kennedy, “In 1987 … pleaded guilty to selling between 10 and 12 ounces of cocaine in connection with a scandal that toppled then-Charleston Mayor Mike Roark.” He eventually got his sentence reduced for his company related felonies by becoming a government informant to entrap cocaine dealers.
Although there are some signs that the water turned toxic by the massive chemical spill in the southern part of the state is becoming less polluted, nearly a third of a million West Virginia residents are still warned not to drink tap water for several days.
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: email@example.com
- Democrats are partying like it’s 1952, and they’re Republicans—or Birchers.
- Two more on why Flynn went down…
- Why they made Trump dump Flynn (and what about Obama?)
- What news out of Japan is “fit to print,” according to the New York Times? Their choice could make you sick…
- On “killers” working for OUR government, Trump spoke the truth—and our “free press” freaked out…
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- Election theft in Michigan and Florida may have been more dramatic than we think… on
- Democrats are partying like it's 1952, and they're Republicans—or Birchers.
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- Two more on why Flynn went down...
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- Local sheriff wanted Phillip Marshall's home professionally cleaned after the murder
- The Ostroy Report
- The Existentialist Cowboy
- Barry Gordon
- alias Bruce
- William Betz
- History Unfolding
- Mainstream Baptist
- Fairness & Accuracy in Reporting
- Citizens for Legitimate Government
- Online Journal
- Election Defense Alliance
- Evil GOP Bastards
- Thom Hartmann
- Early America
- Suburban Guerrilla
- Democratic Undergroud
- Writers Voice
- t r u t h o u t
- Media Channel
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.