Elizabeth Warren Comes Down Hard Against Global Warming, Separates Herself From Hillary Clinton on Climate Change
By Eric Zuesse (about the author)
On Friday, December 20th, Democratic U.S. Senator Elizabeth Warren finally separated herself clearly from former U.S. Secretary of State Hillary Clinton, regarding the issue of climate change and global warming. Here is the story:
TransCanada Corporation wants to build the Keystone XL Pipeline to carry oil from Alberta Canada’s tar sands to two refineries owned by Koch Industries near the Texas Gulf Coast, for export to Europe; and Hillary Clinton has helped to make that happen, but Elizabeth Warren has now taken the opposite side.
Secretary of State Clinton, whose friend and former staffer Paul Elliot is a lobbyist for TransCanada, had worked behind the scenes to ease the way for commercial exploitation of this, the world’s highest-carbon-emitting oil, 53% of which oil is owned by America’s Koch Brothers. (Koch Industries owns 63% of the tar sands, and the Koch brothers own 86% of Koch Industries; Elaine Marshall, who is the widow of the son of the deceased Koch partner J. Howard Marshall, owns the remaining 14% of Koch Industries.)
5 Comments to “Elizabeth Warren comes down hard against Keystone XL, the Kochs—and Hillary”
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- “Putin’s a Jew”: Guardian reports (yet downplays) Nazi thrust of Kiev’s eastern drive
- Dept. of the Glaringly Obvious: GOP doesn’t want majority to vote because majority would not elect Republicans
- 53 million US workers—1 out of every 3—is a “freelancer”
- More questions about those “beheadings”
- The nightmare of Bush/Cheney is Obama’s normal
- susan on Manhattan’s latest giant eyesore will have three floors just for “maid’s rooms”
- blaze doric on Calling Russia “the aggressor,” US is the one that wants a war
- Jonelle on Did Romney cheat as well as lie?
- Die Woche im Rückspiegel betrachtet | Lars Schall on Forbidden Bookshelf
- http://iclworld.ru on Eight BIG PROBLEMS with the “case” against Assange (MUST-READ by Naomi Wolf)
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- Don't buy these products from Koch Industries!
- More questions about those "beheadings"
- MetroPCS is blocking Netflix, Skype and other sites--unless you pay extra
- Michigan's "thriving" charter schools are worse than public schools, with no accountability (Detroit Free Press)
- The Existentialist Cowboy
- The International Human Press
- Words of Power
- The Ostroy Report
- Media Channel
- alias Bruce
- Talking Points Memo
- The Rude Pudit
- Barry Gordon
- Richard Charnin
- William Betz
- t r u t h o u t
- Writers Voice
- Media Matters
- Thom Hartmann
- History Unfolding
- Fairness & Accuracy in Reporting
- Veterans for Common Sense
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.