Elizabeth Warren Comes Down Hard Against Global Warming, Separates Herself From Hillary Clinton on Climate Change
By Eric Zuesse (about the author)
On Friday, December 20th, Democratic U.S. Senator Elizabeth Warren finally separated herself clearly from former U.S. Secretary of State Hillary Clinton, regarding the issue of climate change and global warming. Here is the story:
TransCanada Corporation wants to build the Keystone XL Pipeline to carry oil from Alberta Canada’s tar sands to two refineries owned by Koch Industries near the Texas Gulf Coast, for export to Europe; and Hillary Clinton has helped to make that happen, but Elizabeth Warren has now taken the opposite side.
Secretary of State Clinton, whose friend and former staffer Paul Elliot is a lobbyist for TransCanada, had worked behind the scenes to ease the way for commercial exploitation of this, the world’s highest-carbon-emitting oil, 53% of which oil is owned by America’s Koch Brothers. (Koch Industries owns 63% of the tar sands, and the Koch brothers own 86% of Koch Industries; Elaine Marshall, who is the widow of the son of the deceased Koch partner J. Howard Marshall, owns the remaining 14% of Koch Industries.)
5 Comments to “Elizabeth Warren comes down hard against Keystone XL, the Kochs—and Hillary”
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: email@example.com
- “No comparison can be made” between 9/11 and CIA torture, says Dick Cheney (and he would know!)
- Nailed by all-white jury for “election fraud,” Rev. Edward Pinckney faces life in prison
- Is that President Obama’s CIA, or the CIA’s President Obama?
- Rudy Giuliani uses Eric Garner’s death to bash the Teachers Union
- Bush/Cheney convicted of war crimes in absentia
- Zack Taylor on Spooks in academia
- susan on Manhattan’s latest giant eyesore will have three floors just for “maid’s rooms”
- blaze doric on Calling Russia “the aggressor,” US is the one that wants a war
- Jonelle on Did Romney cheat as well as lie?
- Die Woche im Rückspiegel betrachtet | Lars Schall on Forbidden Bookshelf
- Don't buy these products from Koch Industries!
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- "No comparison can be made" between 9/11 and CIA torture, says Dick Cheney (and he would know!)
- Where the money goes at NYU
- Is that President Obama's CIA, or the CIA's President Obama?
- Evil GOP Bastards
- Online Journal
- The Rude Pudit
- Veterans for Common Sense
- William Betz
- Cody Lyon
- The International Human Press
- Writers Voice
- Democratic Undergroud
- Words of Power
- Talking Points Memo
- The Existentialist Cowboy
- t r u t h o u t
- Thom Hartmann
- Suburban Guerrilla
- Mainstream Baptist
- Election Defense Alliance
- Richard Charnin
- The Ostroy Report
- Early America
- Fairness & Accuracy in Reporting
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.