Clear Channel to Remove L.A. and San Francisco’s Only Commercial Progressive Talk Radio Stations, Replace Them with More Rightwing Talk
Non-RW listeners in largest and most progressive media markets to be almost completely unserved over our publicly-owned airwaves…
The largest media market in the world is about to lose its only non-Rightwing commercial talk radio station. Los Angeles’ KTLK 1150am will be flipped to a far Rightwing station featuring hosts like Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity, Glenn Beck and other rightwing talkers. The same is to happen to San Francisco’s KNEW 960am, in the most progressive city in the nation. Both stations will reportedly flip to Rightwing stations — added to numerous others in the same cities — on the first broadcast day of 2014.
Both stations are owned by Clear Channel, the nation’s largest station owner, and the Rightwing hosts mentioned above are syndicated by Premiere Networks, the largest syndicator in the nation. After the flip, both cities will be left without a single commercial progressive talk radio station on the public airwaves…
FULL STORY: http://www.bradblog.com/?p=10413
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Democrats are partying like it’s 1952, and they’re Republicans—or Birchers.
- Two more on why Flynn went down…
- Why they made Trump dump Flynn (and what about Obama?)
- What news out of Japan is “fit to print,” according to the New York Times? Their choice could make you sick…
- On “killers” working for OUR government, Trump spoke the truth—and our “free press” freaked out…
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- Election theft in Michigan and Florida may have been more dramatic than we think… on
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- Democrats are partying like it's 1952, and they're Republicans—or Birchers.
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- Two things that never happened: "the Bowling Green massacre," and "Russia's invasion of Ukraine"
- Local sheriff wanted Phillip Marshall's home professionally cleaned after the murder
- t r u t h o u t
- Thom Hartmann
- Citizens for Legitimate Government
- alias Bruce
- Words of Power
- Writers Voice
- Media Channel
- The Rude Pudit
- Cody Lyon
- Barry Gordon
- Democratic Undergroud
- The International Human Press
- Suburban Guerrilla
- Veterans for Common Sense
- The Ostroy Report
- Early America
- Media Matters
- Fairness & Accuracy in Reporting
- Richard Charnin
- Talking Points Memo
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.