I hope that headline gets the Times’ attention.
Anyone who’s interested in the Great Gray Lady’s failure to report the Nazi genocide should check out Buried by the Times: The Holocaust and America’s Most Important Newspaper, an exemplary history by Laurel Leff (Cambridge University Press, 2006).
As for the Times on Fukushima, note first that the paper’s coverage has been intermittent, slight and mostly buried, in articles that talk around the global consequences of this international disaster; then note David Ropeik’s sedative op ed—”Fear vs. Radiation: The Mismatch” —which ran on Oct. 21, claiming that “the radiation from Fukushima has been relatively harmless.”
It isn’t just the Times, of course, since Fukushima has been largely blacked out by the corporate press in general (although CBS News has done more than the Times).
So what’s the deal? Why the silence? It’s as if the mayor in Jaws were now in charge of our free press…
1) 28 Signs That The West Coast Is Being Absolutely Fried With Nuclear Radiation From Fukushima :: link ::
2) Fukushima Ho Hum :: link ::
3) Fuel Removal From Fukushima’s Reactor 4 Threatens ‘Apocalyptic’ Scenario :: link ::
2 Comments to “The New York Times blacks out another Holocaust (3)”
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: email@example.com
- Democrats are partying like it’s 1952, and they’re Republicans—or Birchers.
- Two more on why Flynn went down…
- Why they made Trump dump Flynn (and what about Obama?)
- What news out of Japan is “fit to print,” according to the New York Times? Their choice could make you sick…
- On “killers” working for OUR government, Trump spoke the truth—and our “free press” freaked out…
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- Election theft in Michigan and Florida may have been more dramatic than we think… on
- Democrats are partying like it's 1952, and they're Republicans—or Birchers.
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- Two more on why Flynn went down...
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- Local sheriff wanted Phillip Marshall's home professionally cleaned after the murder
- alias Bruce
- Suburban Guerrilla
- William Betz
- Veterans for Common Sense
- The Existentialist Cowboy
- History Unfolding
- Election Defense Alliance
- Words of Power
- The Ostroy Report
- Citizens for Legitimate Government
- Media Channel
- Thom Hartmann
- Evil GOP Bastards
- Fairness & Accuracy in Reporting
- Cody Lyon
- Barry Gordon
- The International Human Press
- Writers Voice
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.