In an obscene development, a Monsanto executive is winning this year’s “Nobel Prize of agriculture” — the prestigious World Food Prize — for creating GMOs. Receiving it legitimizes the sort of rampant genetic modification Monsanto pioneered, and helps validate a ruthless business model that impoverishes farmers and monopolizes our food.
If that wasn’t baffling enough, the founder of Syngenta, the same biotech giant joining Bayer in suing Europe to keep selling bee-killing pesticides, will also win the prize — and with it, a share of the $250,000 prize money. We cannot allow this prize to legitimize frankenfoods and bee killers. The ceremony is in less than two weeks, so we need to act now.
Tell the World Food Prize Foundation not to reward Monsanto and bee-killer Syngenta’s outrageous practices.
4 Comments to “Monsanto exec wins this year’s “Nobel prize in agriculture””
CONSPIRACY THEORY IN AMERICA
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- The stars come out against the Sexton Plan!
- Donors fleeing ALEC over Trayvon Martin’s shooting
- Now you see it, soon you won’t: Welcome to the memory hole
- Guardian has published only 1% of what Snowden gave them
- CIA’s contra/cocaine scheme was a REAL conspiracy, not a “theory”
- wombat on What’s the matter with Alabama? Roger Shuler kept in jail indefinitely, paraded into court IN CHAINS
- Fukushima’s toxic ocean plume will reach US waters in 2014 :: News … | Save The Pacific Ocean on Fukushima’s toxic ocean plume will reach US waters in 2014
- Gus Wynn on Does Rachel Maddow lay off MSNBC sponsors?
- Robin Roland on Score one (at last) for the Election Integrity movement!
- Julie on Does Rachel Maddow lay off MSNBC sponsors?
- Don't buy these products from Koch Industries!
- CIA's contra/cocaine scheme was a REAL conspiracy, not a "theory"
- Here are many MORE things NOT to buy from Koch...
- Iceland got over the recession fast—by jailing the banksters, and bailing out the people
- MetroPCS is blocking Netflix, Skype and other sites--unless you pay extra
- Media Matters
- Barry Gordon
- Writers Voice
- Online Journal
- History Unfolding
- The Rude Pudit
- Early America
- The Existentialist Cowboy
- Media Channel
- Fairness & Accuracy in Reporting
- Democratic Undergroud
- Citizens for Legitimate Government
- William Betz
- Mainstream Baptist
- Cody Lyon
- The Ostroy Report
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.