5 New Ways the T.S.A. Searches You Before a Flight
The blue glove of the T.S.A. may start to reach much further than your carry-on.
Posted by Catherine Crawford , October 27, 2013 at 09:44 AM
If you have an upcoming flight, you’ve probably already been through security — even if you are nowhere near the airport. The Transportation Security Administration (T.S.A.) will now inspect passengers much more closely, for both domestic and international flights, by surveying a host of different databases.
Here are five new stealthy scans you might unwittingly undergo (well) before boarding your next flight:
1) Your employment and any criminal information. The T.S.A. has within its grasp all of our tax identification numbers and law enforcement information.
Security Check Now Starts Long Before You Fly
By SUSAN STELLIN
The Transportation Security Administration is expanding its screening of passengers before they arrive at the airport by searching a wide array of government and private databases that can include records like car registrations and employment information.
While the agency says that the goal is to streamline the security procedures for millions of passengers who pose no risk, the new measures give the government greater authority to use travelers’ data for domestic airport screenings. Previously that level of scrutiny applied only to individuals entering the United States.
The prescreening, some of which is already taking place, is described in documents the T.S.A. released to comply with government regulations about the collection and use of individuals’ data, but the details of the program have not been publicly announced.
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please HELP FUND this documentary on JFK’s assassination!
- Talkin’ World War One Blues…
- How Australia plans to keep its vaccinated children safe from illnesses that they can’t catch
- On the mass delusion now afflicting liberals (and putting all of us at risk)
- There’s actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in “Russia-gate.”
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- Please HELP FUND this documentary on JFK's assassination!
- There's actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in "Russia-gate."
- How NYU squeezes billions from its students—and where that money goes
- Mainstream Baptist
- Writers Voice
- Online Journal
- History Unfolding
- The Existentialist Cowboy
- Early America
- Richard Charnin
- William Betz
- Election Defense Alliance
- alias Bruce
- Cody Lyon
- Talking Points Memo
- Media Matters
- Veterans for Common Sense
- Suburban Guerrilla
- Evil GOP Bastards
- Barry Gordon
- Thom Hartmann
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.