Please forward or distribute to undergraduates (flyer attached).
A teach-in for undergraduates and the entire NYU community
The Crisis at NYU
Friday, September 13, 2:30 – 4:30 pm
Meyer Hall, Room 121 (Physics Lecture Hall)
4 Washington Place
Last spring, five faculties at NYU—as well as the union of clerical workers—voted “no confidence” in the leadership of John Sexton. Yet Sexton remains and will collect a $2.6 million bonus in two years. These no-confidence votes were based in part on opposition to Sexton’s NYU 2031 Expansion Plan, yet the administration continues to push this plan to build massively in the residential area south of Bobst Library.
Why are so many NYU faculty, students, and employees opposed to the misleadership of John Sexton? What can be done to make NYU more hospitable to students, faculty, and staff? What kind of leadership does NYU need? In short, how did we get into this mess, and how can we get out of it?
Mark Crispin Miller (Media, Culture & Communication) on the fight against the Sexton Plan . . .
Andrew Ross (American Studies) on the student debt crisis . . .
Rebecca Karl (East Asian Studies & History) on the “Global Network University”: the case of NYU Shanghai . . .
Jim Uleman (Psychology) & Christine Harrington (Politics) on the fight for “shared governance” . . .
Michael Rectenwald (Liberal Studies) on the plight of contract faculty . . .
Representatives from the Graduate Student Organization Committee (GSOC) and the Student & Labor Action Movement (SLAM) . . . and more!
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- How Australia plans to keep its vaccinated children safe from illnesses that they can’t catch
- On the mass delusion now afflicting liberals (and putting all of us at risk)
- There’s actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in “Russia-gate.”
- NYU is built for WAR! (Who knew?)
- HuffPost ran this strong defense of Bobby Kennedy, Jr.—then took it down just minutes later.
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- Election theft in Michigan and Florida may have been more dramatic than we think… on
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- There's actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in "Russia-gate."
- Don't buy these products from Koch Industries!
- Update on the strange death of Nancy Schaefer
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- The Existentialist Cowboy
- Fairness & Accuracy in Reporting
- Media Matters
- Veterans for Common Sense
- The Rude Pudit
- Richard Charnin
- Evil GOP Bastards
- Thom Hartmann
- Writers Voice
- Media Channel
- Citizens for Legitimate Government
- History Unfolding
- alias Bruce
- Online Journal
- Early America
- Talking Points Memo
- t r u t h o u t
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.