From Dick Atlee:
Context: The police chief in Concord NH submitted a $quarter-million grant request to DHS for a BEARCAT (Ballistic Engineered Armored Response Counter Attack) vehicle, for use against domestic terrorists, such as Occupiers and libertarians. It ignited a firestorm and resulted in a city council hearing. In this short (3 min) video, testimony is given to the hearing by a man who says he was a Marine Corps colonel in Iraq in charge of equipping units. He says the Department of Homeland Security is stockpiling the same equipment here in the U.S. that he was handling in Iraq -- except it's blue instead of desert camo -- so that police forces at all levels will have "standardized equipment." He says that during the Boston Marathon bombing quasi-martial law situation in Watertown, he saw a photo of two men with that identical gear (but blue uniforms) with different patches, one saying "Mass. State Police," the other "Boston Police." He makes clear his point -- that the federal government is creating a domestic army to get around the Posse Comitatus prohibition against the use of the national army for domestic law-enforcement purposes (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Posse_Comitatus_Act). ----------------------------------------------------------------------- "We're building a domestic army" - Marine Corps Colonel Aug 13, 2013 VIDEO: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Y4zsgymRxE Covering text: Read more about the City of Concord's bid for an attack vehicle to use against peaceful groups at http://www.FreeStateProject.org Marine Corp Colonel speaks out at a local council meeting about the militarization of our police forces on 08/12/13 at 41 Green St, Concord, NH 03301. "We cannot continue to rely only on our military in order to achieve the national security objectives we've set. We've got to have a civilian national security force that's just as powerful, just as strong, just as well-funded." - President Obama, Colorado, July 2, 2008
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: email@example.com
- How Australia plans to keep its vaccinated children safe from illnesses that they can’t catch
- On the mass delusion now afflicting liberals (and putting all of us at risk)
- There’s actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in “Russia-gate.”
- NYU is built for WAR! (Who knew?)
- HuffPost ran this strong defense of Bobby Kennedy, Jr.—then took it down just minutes later.
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- Election theft in Michigan and Florida may have been more dramatic than we think… on
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- There's actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in "Russia-gate."
- Don't buy these products from Koch Industries!
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- Update on the strange death of Nancy Schaefer
- Writers Voice
- The International Human Press
- Words of Power
- The Existentialist Cowboy
- Cody Lyon
- History Unfolding
- Mainstream Baptist
- Talking Points Memo
- William Betz
- Early America
- The Rude Pudit
- Veterans for Common Sense
- The Ostroy Report
- Online Journal
- Richard Charnin
- t r u t h o u t
- Evil GOP Bastards
- Media Channel
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.