Syria denies chemical weapons claim
Foreign Minister Walid Moualem challenges the world to give evidence that his government was behind last week’s attack.
Last Modified: 28 Aug 2013 03:54
Walid Moualem, the Syrian foreign minister, has ‘categorically’ denied that his country was using chemical weapons on its own people.
At a press conference held in Syrian capital Damascus on Tuesday, he challenged the world to provide evidence that the Syrian government was behind last week’s alleged chemical weapons attack in eastern Ghouta, a suburb of the capital Damascus.
The Syrian foreign minister accused John Kerry, his American counterpart, of lying and disregarding the work of UN inspectors when he stated there was “undeniable” evidence of a large-scale chemical attack.
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- How Australia plans to keep its vaccinated children safe from illnesses that they can’t catch
- On the mass delusion now afflicting liberals (and putting all of us at risk)
- There’s actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in “Russia-gate.”
- NYU is built for WAR! (Who knew?)
- HuffPost ran this strong defense of Bobby Kennedy, Jr.—then took it down just minutes later.
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- Election theft in Michigan and Florida may have been more dramatic than we think… on
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- There's actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in "Russia-gate."
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- Don't buy these products from Koch Industries!
- How NYU squeezes billions from its students—and where that money goes
- The Ostroy Report
- t r u t h o u t
- Writers Voice
- Suburban Guerrilla
- Election Defense Alliance
- Democratic Undergroud
- The Existentialist Cowboy
- Veterans for Common Sense
- Richard Charnin
- Citizens for Legitimate Government
- Evil GOP Bastards
- Early America
- The Rude Pudit
- Thom Hartmann
- Words of Power
- Talking Points Memo
- alias Bruce
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.