Is Obama losing it?
By Michael Collins, on August 8th, 2013
President Barack Obama’s recent behavior is cause for concern. He never lived up to his progressive image but at least he wasn’t Bush, we were told. That sterling quality may have persuaded the Nobel Prize judges in 2009 but it’s meaningless now. Obama is staking out his own form of petulant, erratic, and paranoid behavior that stands on it’s own as the basis for his failure to rise to the occasion of multiple crises.
Obama’s petulance was shown just this week when he cancelled a bilateral meeting with Russia’s President Vladimir Putin. The topic was world peace. The cancellation represents an insult to Putin and Russia since Obama will be in St. Petersburg, Russia for the G-20 economic summit, which Putin is attending. Why the petulance?
Obama is miffed that Russia gave whistleblower Edward Snowden temporary asylum, thus refusing Obama’s demands that Snowden be shipped back to the United States to stand trial on charges of espionage. Think about it. A U.S. court grants a Russian whistleblower asylum and, after the decision, President Putin demands that Obama overrule the court, handcuff the whistleblower, and send him back to Russia. The howls of protest would be deafening. But, Obama had no problem making this request of Putin.
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please HELP FUND this documentary on JFK’s assassination!
- Talkin’ World War One Blues…
- How Australia plans to keep its vaccinated children safe from illnesses that they can’t catch
- On the mass delusion now afflicting liberals (and putting all of us at risk)
- There’s actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in “Russia-gate.”
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- There's actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in "Russia-gate."
- Please HELP FUND this documentary on JFK's assassination!
- How NYU squeezes billions from its students—and where that money goes
- The Existentialist Cowboy
- Richard Charnin
- Citizens for Legitimate Government
- Talking Points Memo
- Evil GOP Bastards
- History Unfolding
- Thom Hartmann
- Barry Gordon
- Media Matters
- Online Journal
- William Betz
- Writers Voice
- Mainstream Baptist
- Early America
- The Rude Pudit
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.