Putting Children Last: Unconscionable Violation of Parental Trust Leads To Charges of Multiple Statutory Rapes
August 1, 2013
New Yorkers awoke this morning to the remarkable and horrific news that one Malik Taylor, “a dean at the Business of Sports High School” who “had been working with children for close to a decade” had been charged with and had confessed to multiple charges of statutory rape, among other criminal acts. As he was appointed to the position of dean, any reasonable reader would be forgiven if they assumed Taylor was a teacher.
The reality that a 31 year old man, described as a “former staff member” employed in what one reporter acknowledged as a “position of power”, using such a position to sexually manipulate teenage girls entrusted by the city to his care is, needless to say, reprehensible.
But that is not what is most remarkable about this story. What is most remarkable about the story are the questions that no one — neither reporters nor official city investigators – bothered to ask. What is most remarkable is that the story, seen in it entirety, provides a portal into one of the many hidden and wholly unreported effects of Mike Bloomberg’s much flaunted leadership and organizational reforms: especially the order that transformed principals from educators leading schools into CEO’s running corporations, removed the oversight of superintendents and created the incomprehensible Network as their guiding and mentoring force. The order, that is, that seems to have removed complete accountability from principals, superintendents and the Network.
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please HELP FUND this documentary on JFK’s assassination!
- Talkin’ World War One Blues…
- How Australia plans to keep its vaccinated children safe from illnesses that they can’t catch
- On the mass delusion now afflicting liberals (and putting all of us at risk)
- There’s actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in “Russia-gate.”
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- Please HELP FUND this documentary on JFK's assassination!
- How NYU squeezes billions from its students—and where that money goes
- There's actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in "Russia-gate."
- Fairness & Accuracy in Reporting
- The International Human Press
- The Rude Pudit
- Early America
- The Existentialist Cowboy
- The Ostroy Report
- Citizens for Legitimate Government
- Richard Charnin
- Mainstream Baptist
- Media Channel
- Words of Power
- Election Defense Alliance
- alias Bruce
- Cody Lyon
- Evil GOP Bastards
- Thom Hartmann
- Democratic Undergroud
- Writers Voice
- William Betz
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.