Warren Buffett Buys Over $500 Million of Suncor Tar Sands Stock, Latest in “Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap”
Warren Buffett – the fourth richest man on the planet  and major campaign contributor to President Barack Obama in 2008  and 2012  – may soon get a whole lot richer.
That’s because he just bought over half a billion bucks worth of Suncor Energy stock : $524 million in the second quarter of 2013, to be precise, according to Securities and Exchange Commission filings. Suncor is a major producer  and marketer of tar sands via its wholly owned subsidary Petro-Canada  (formerly Sunoco ) and this latest development follows a trend of Buffett enriching himself through dirty investments and deal-making.
So far in 2013, Suncor (formerly Sun Oil Company ) has produced 328,000 barrels per day of tar sands crude.
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: email@example.com
- Please HELP FUND this documentary on JFK’s assassination!
- Talkin’ World War One Blues…
- How Australia plans to keep its vaccinated children safe from illnesses that they can’t catch
- On the mass delusion now afflicting liberals (and putting all of us at risk)
- There’s actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in “Russia-gate.”
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- There's actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in "Russia-gate."
- Don't buy these products from Koch Industries!
- How NYU squeezes billions from its students—and where that money goes
- Democratic Undergroud
- Media Channel
- Thom Hartmann
- Evil GOP Bastards
- Election Defense Alliance
- Cody Lyon
- Citizens for Legitimate Government
- t r u t h o u t
- Barry Gordon
- Online Journal
- Veterans for Common Sense
- Words of Power
- William Betz
- Media Matters
- Fairness & Accuracy in Reporting
- The Rude Pudit
- Richard Charnin
- The Existentialist Cowboy
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.