Will the NYTimes report this?
Military Industry Employee ‘Throws Down Rifle’ for ‘Good of the World’
Taking inspiration from NSA whistleblower Edward Snowden, Brandon Toy publicly resigns from private ‘defense’ contractor and says ‘you can do it too’
– Sarah Lazare, staff writer
A five-year employee at private defense contracting corporation General Dynamics publicly resigned Tuesday in protest of the company’s arming of US-led wars, declaring: “I have always believed that if every foot soldier threw down his rifle war would end. I hereby throw mine down.”
Brandon Toy sent his resignation letter in an email to his immediate supervisors, coworkers, and the corporate chain of command, as well as to Common Dreams, who published the statement Tuesday.
The letter has since gone viral, racketing tens of thousands of views on social media sites as attention continues to climb.
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: email@example.com
- Please HELP FUND this documentary on JFK’s assassination!
- Talkin’ World War One Blues…
- How Australia plans to keep its vaccinated children safe from illnesses that they can’t catch
- On the mass delusion now afflicting liberals (and putting all of us at risk)
- There’s actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in “Russia-gate.”
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- Please HELP FUND this documentary on JFK's assassination!
- How NYU squeezes billions from its students—and where that money goes
- There's actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in "Russia-gate."
- Cody Lyon
- Writers Voice
- t r u t h o u t
- Talking Points Memo
- Words of Power
- Veterans for Common Sense
- Richard Charnin
- Thom Hartmann
- Democratic Undergroud
- Fairness & Accuracy in Reporting
- Media Channel
- History Unfolding
- Media Matters
- Evil GOP Bastards
- Citizens for Legitimate Government
- The Existentialist Cowboy
- Barry Gordon
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.