Hi All:The title sort of says it all, but as a quick summary, I discovered via a man by the name of Thomas Bachand – whose story I’ve covered before – that Obama’s State Dept. says it has no clue of the exact route for Keystone XL.Why? Because the State Dept. has handed the entire process over to TransCanada. first with Cardno Entrix and now with Environmental Resources Management, Inc., a dues-paying member of the American Petroleum Institute that’s spent $22 million lobbying on KXL on top of what TransCanada’s spent lobbying on it, plus the money the two have doled out collectively to pay for public relations/propaganda efforts.Coming full circle, this is the SEIS Obama will refer to in saying Keystone XL has no “net carbon impact,” the concept he pointed to in his Climate Action Plan address as the determining factor for KXL’s future.Any help jamming this story out there would be greatly appreciated. There’ll be more to come on this file later in the week, as well. Cross-posts very welcome, but please direct URL link back to DeSmogBlog. Excerpt below and FB meme to share linked to and copied and pasted below, as well.Thanks,Steve
State Department Admits It Doesn’t Know Keystone XL’s Exact Route
The State Department’s decision to hand over control to the oil industry to evaluate its own environmental performance on the proposed Keystone XL tar sands pipeline has led to a colossal oversight.
Neither Secretary of State John Kerry nor President Barack Obama could tell you the exact route that the pipeline would travel through countless neighborhoods, farms, waterways and scenic areas between Alberta’s tar sands and oil refineries on the U.S. Gulf Coast.
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: email@example.com
- Please HELP FUND this documentary on JFK’s assassination!
- Talkin’ World War One Blues…
- How Australia plans to keep its vaccinated children safe from illnesses that they can’t catch
- On the mass delusion now afflicting liberals (and putting all of us at risk)
- There’s actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in “Russia-gate.”
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- There's actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in "Russia-gate."
- Please HELP FUND this documentary on JFK's assassination!
- How NYU squeezes billions from its students—and where that money goes
- Media Channel
- alias Bruce
- Early America
- Thom Hartmann
- Citizens for Legitimate Government
- William Betz
- Richard Charnin
- Talking Points Memo
- Mainstream Baptist
- Veterans for Common Sense
- The Existentialist Cowboy
- Barry Gordon
- Fairness & Accuracy in Reporting
- The Ostroy Report
- The International Human Press
- Cody Lyon
- Words of Power
- t r u t h o u t
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.