Apparently, Padma Lakshmi Wants NYU to Pack Its Knives and Go
July 16, 2013 1:15 pm By Daniel Maurer
Whelp, this land-use matter just got a whole lot sexier! Opponents of NYU’s plan to expand in Greenwich Village have gotten a few more bold-face names behind their lawsuit against the school.
A rep for Faculty Against the Sexton Plan (one of the groups suing the school) tells us Padma Lakshmi of “Top Chef” (and of the East Village) will join Village-based authors Peter Carey and Joseph McElroy in the audience at State Supreme Court on Thursday.
Back in February, none other than Ferris Bueller took time away from his day off to show up to a hearing, and last October, Thurston Moore and that guy from the Violent Femmes leveled their axes (as in guitars) against NYU 2031.
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: email@example.com
- How Australia plans to keep its vaccinated children safe from illnesses that they can’t catch
- On the mass delusion now afflicting liberals (and putting all of us at risk)
- There’s actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in “Russia-gate.”
- NYU is built for WAR! (Who knew?)
- HuffPost ran this strong defense of Bobby Kennedy, Jr.—then took it down just minutes later.
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- Election theft in Michigan and Florida may have been more dramatic than we think… on
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- There's actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in "Russia-gate."
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- Don't buy these products from Koch Industries!
- How NYU squeezes billions from its students—and where that money goes
- alias Bruce
- Media Matters
- Evil GOP Bastards
- The Ostroy Report
- History Unfolding
- Online Journal
- The Existentialist Cowboy
- Suburban Guerrilla
- Words of Power
- Veterans for Common Sense
- Talking Points Memo
- The Rude Pudit
- Cody Lyon
- Thom Hartmann
- Election Defense Alliance
- Democratic Undergroud
- t r u t h o u t
- Writers Voice
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.