Revealed: The Story Behind the “NATO 3” Domestic Terrorism Arrests
Friday, 21 June 2013 00:00 By Matt Stroud and Steve Horn, Truthout | Report
When local and federal police conducted a no-knock, midnight search warrant raidin May 2012 at an apartment in Chicago’s Bridgeport neighborhood, it looked at first like a failed mission.
Yes, police seized a group of 11 political activists in Chicago to protest an international summit of the North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO). But most of the arrestees were released without charge, and rumors soon began to swirl.
Police chained protesters to benches for 18 hours, one television station reported. Chicago Police Department (CPD) sources Truthout the raid would unearth Molotov cocktails – homemade firebombs made of breakable glass bottles and gasoline. But they found beer brewing equipment instead.
“If anybody would like some,” one Bridgeport tenant Truthout, “I would like to offer them a sip of my beer.”
Then things turned.
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: email@example.com
- Democrats are partying like it’s 1952, and they’re Republicans—or Birchers.
- Two more on why Flynn went down…
- Why they made Trump dump Flynn (and what about Obama?)
- What news out of Japan is “fit to print,” according to the New York Times? Their choice could make you sick…
- On “killers” working for OUR government, Trump spoke the truth—and our “free press” freaked out…
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- Election theft in Michigan and Florida may have been more dramatic than we think… on
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- Democrats are partying like it's 1952, and they're Republicans—or Birchers.
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- Two things that never happened: "the Bowling Green massacre," and "Russia's invasion of Ukraine"
- Local sheriff wanted Phillip Marshall's home professionally cleaned after the murder
- t r u t h o u t
- Barry Gordon
- Mainstream Baptist
- Evil GOP Bastards
- Cody Lyon
- Online Journal
- William Betz
- Words of Power
- Fairness & Accuracy in Reporting
- Veterans for Common Sense
- Richard Charnin
- Thom Hartmann
- Writers Voice
- Election Defense Alliance
- Early America
- The International Human Press
- The Existentialist Cowboy
- The Ostroy Report
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.