Student Can’t Believe Walker Took So Long To Notice He Signed Recall
Tom Kludt 11:54 AM EDT, Friday June 14, 2013
The student whose appointment to the University of Wisconsin System’s Board of Regents was withdrawn earlier this week by Gov. Scott Walker (R) after it was revealed that he had signed a petition to recall the Republican has opened up, saying that he feels insulted and surprised by the move.
Joshua Inglett, a 20-year-old at the University of Wisconsin-Platteville, told the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel that a Walker aide called him on Wednesday — two days after the governor appointed him as a student representative on the board — to ask if he had signed the petition in 2011. After Inglett confirmed that he had, a different Walker aide left a voice mail hours later saying that plans had changed. The engineering student said that he had spent months trying to land the two-year appointment.
“They had four months to look this up and Google search me,” Inglett said. “I looked it up online yesterday. It took me 15 seconds.”
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: email@example.com
- How Australia plans to keep its vaccinated children safe from illnesses that they can’t catch
- On the mass delusion now afflicting liberals (and putting all of us at risk)
- There’s actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in “Russia-gate.”
- NYU is built for WAR! (Who knew?)
- HuffPost ran this strong defense of Bobby Kennedy, Jr.—then took it down just minutes later.
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- Election theft in Michigan and Florida may have been more dramatic than we think… on
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- There's actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in "Russia-gate."
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- Don't buy these products from Koch Industries!
- How NYU squeezes billions from its students—and where that money goes
- Evil GOP Bastards
- The Rude Pudit
- Suburban Guerrilla
- The International Human Press
- Richard Charnin
- Mainstream Baptist
- Media Matters
- William Betz
- The Ostroy Report
- Early America
- Democratic Undergroud
- Fairness & Accuracy in Reporting
- t r u t h o u t
- Online Journal
- Veterans for Common Sense
- Media Channel
- alias Bruce
- History Unfolding
- Barry Gordon
- Election Defense Alliance
- The Existentialist Cowboy
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.