Wisconsin investigative journalism group sounds alarm over state budget action
By Karen Herzog
Milwaukee Journal Sentinel
Posted: 06/05/2013 12:01:00 AM CDT
Updated: 06/05/2013 09:50:23 PM CDT
An independent, nonpartisan investigative journalism organization facing expulsion from its offices at the University of Wisconsin-Madison is doing what one would expect from an investigative journalism organization.
“We are mounting an aggressive response,” said Andy Hall, executive director of the Wisconsin Center for Investigative Journalism. Hall was granting interviews Wednesday with media and watchdog journalists and bloggers across the country.
Although the center receives no funding from the university, the Legislature’s budget-writing Joint Finance Committee added the provision to the state budget shortly before 6 a.m. Wednesday, prohibiting the UW System Board of Regents from permitting the center to occupy any facilities owned or leased by the regents, and UW employees from working with the center as part of their UW employment.
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: email@example.com
- How Australia plans to keep its vaccinated children safe from illnesses that they can’t catch
- On the mass delusion now afflicting liberals (and putting all of us at risk)
- There’s actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in “Russia-gate.”
- NYU is built for WAR! (Who knew?)
- HuffPost ran this strong defense of Bobby Kennedy, Jr.—then took it down just minutes later.
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- Election theft in Michigan and Florida may have been more dramatic than we think… on
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- There's actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in "Russia-gate."
- Don't buy these products from Koch Industries!
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- Update on the strange death of Nancy Schaefer
- Barry Gordon
- Writers Voice
- Media Matters
- The International Human Press
- Suburban Guerrilla
- Democratic Undergroud
- Words of Power
- t r u t h o u t
- Thom Hartmann
- Veterans for Common Sense
- Citizens for Legitimate Government
- Talking Points Memo
- The Rude Pudit
- Early America
- Evil GOP Bastards
- The Existentialist Cowboy
- William Betz
- Election Defense Alliance
- Media Channel
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.