You may recall, last fall, Snopes.com hooting at the very thought of Romney stealing the election via Solamere, the family’s private equity fund, whose partner, H.I.G. Capital, had a controlling interest in e-voting firm Hart InterCivic, whose machines were to be used in several key Ohio counties.
Such a rip-off was impossible, Snopes reasoned, in part because the family’s investment was (Snopes quoted AlterNet’s Steve Rosenfeld) “fairly hands-off.”
This piece makes it pretty clear that Mitt Romney is Solamere, and vice verse.
(Thanks to Steve Schneider for the tip.)
Romney mixes business and politics at exclusive Utah conference
By Jason Horowitz, Published: June 6 E-mail the writer
PARK CITY, Utah — John Schoenfeld came to an exclusive resort here to do business with Mitt Romney. But he stayed for the politics.
Schoenfeld spent most of Wednesday in a downstairs conference room of the Stein Eriksen Lodge assessing the investments of Solamere Capital, the firm co-founded by Romney’s son Tagg and increasingly managed by Romney himself. Then he learned that several potential GOP presidential candidates would be attending a separate Romney conference at the same exclusive lodge.Obama’s claim on judicial nominations
“I’m going to stretch my clothes another day,” the Chicago-based lawyer said after moving upstairs to join hundreds of Romney’s top donors to kick off the former Republican presidential nominee’s Experts and Enthusiasts 2013 conference. Schoenfeld said he became enthusiastic about the prospect of spending Friday morning driving golf balls with Sen. Rand Paul (R-Ky.), breaking bread with New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie or shooting skeet with Rep. Paul Ryan (R-Wis.), Romney’s running mate in 2012. “That looked like fun.”
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: email@example.com
- Please HELP FUND this documentary on JFK’s assassination!
- Talkin’ World War One Blues…
- How Australia plans to keep its vaccinated children safe from illnesses that they can’t catch
- On the mass delusion now afflicting liberals (and putting all of us at risk)
- There’s actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in “Russia-gate.”
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- Please HELP FUND this documentary on JFK's assassination!
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- How NYU squeezes billions from its students—and where that money goes
- There's actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in "Russia-gate."
- alias Bruce
- Mainstream Baptist
- History Unfolding
- Early America
- The Ostroy Report
- Richard Charnin
- t r u t h o u t
- Media Matters
- Words of Power
- Cody Lyon
- Veterans for Common Sense
- Fairness & Accuracy in Reporting
- Media Channel
- Talking Points Memo
- The International Human Press
- The Existentialist Cowboy
- Election Defense Alliance
- Citizens for Legitimate Government
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.