Craft International Services hired guns at the Boston Marathon:
Why Such Secrecy about Private Military Contractor’s Men Working the Event?
by Dave Lindorff
Speaking as an investigative reporter with almost 40 years’s experience, I can say that when government officials won’t talk, they’re generally hiding something embarrassing or worse.
I tried, and nobody will talk about those Craft International Services private security personnel who were widely observed and photographed near the finish line of the Boston Marathon, wearing security ear-pieces, hats and T-shirts bearing the company’s skull logo, and all wearing the same dark coats, khaki pants and combat boots, some carrying what appear to have been radiation detectors. (I got no hard answers, though there were some inadvertent hints given.)
I first contacted a man identifying himself as Jack Fleming, a public affairs person with the Boston Athletic Assn., sponsor of the marathon. Fleming advised me that “If you want to ask about that you should contact the Commonwealth (of Massachusetts) Executive Office of Public Safety.”
Corporate media and sources of deception
By JOHN KIRBY
Everyone from John Stewart to President Obama has been taking pot shots at CNN for their precipitous reporting during the hunt for the Boston Marathon suspects.
On April 17, CNN’s John King was given word from what he said had been, up till then, reliable law-enforcement sources: a perpetrator had been identified and arrested. His now much-mocked report came two days after the terror at the finish line and a day before pictures of the government’s officially designated suspects, the Tsarnaev brothers, were officially released.
At the White House Correspondent’s Dinner on April 28th, the president quipped, “I know CNN has taken some knocks lately, but I admire their commitment to cover all sides of the story, just in case one of them happens to be accurate.”
On “The Daily Show” the day of the gaffe, Jon Stewart ran through clips of CNN’s self-proclaimed “exclusive reporting” on the false arrest. Stewart got more and more faux-excited until finally dunking the ball: “Oh, it’s exclusive because it’s completely [expletive] wrong!”
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: email@example.com
- Democrats are partying like it’s 1952, and they’re Republicans—or Birchers.
- Two more on why Flynn went down…
- Why they made Trump dump Flynn (and what about Obama?)
- What news out of Japan is “fit to print,” according to the New York Times? Their choice could make you sick…
- On “killers” working for OUR government, Trump spoke the truth—and our “free press” freaked out…
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- Election theft in Michigan and Florida may have been more dramatic than we think… on
- Democrats are partying like it's 1952, and they're Republicans—or Birchers.
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- Two more on why Flynn went down...
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- Local sheriff wanted Phillip Marshall's home professionally cleaned after the murder
- Suburban Guerrilla
- Cody Lyon
- Richard Charnin
- Words of Power
- t r u t h o u t
- The International Human Press
- Thom Hartmann
- William Betz
- Citizens for Legitimate Government
- Media Channel
- History Unfolding
- Talking Points Memo
- Writers Voice
- Veterans for Common Sense
- Mainstream Baptist
- Online Journal
- Election Defense Alliance
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.