Craft International Services hired guns at the Boston Marathon:
Why Such Secrecy about Private Military Contractor’s Men Working the Event?
by Dave Lindorff
Speaking as an investigative reporter with almost 40 years’s experience, I can say that when government officials won’t talk, they’re generally hiding something embarrassing or worse.
I tried, and nobody will talk about those Craft International Services private security personnel who were widely observed and photographed near the finish line of the Boston Marathon, wearing security ear-pieces, hats and T-shirts bearing the company’s skull logo, and all wearing the same dark coats, khaki pants and combat boots, some carrying what appear to have been radiation detectors. (I got no hard answers, though there were some inadvertent hints given.)
I first contacted a man identifying himself as Jack Fleming, a public affairs person with the Boston Athletic Assn., sponsor of the marathon. Fleming advised me that “If you want to ask about that you should contact the Commonwealth (of Massachusetts) Executive Office of Public Safety.”
Corporate media and sources of deception
By JOHN KIRBY
Everyone from John Stewart to President Obama has been taking pot shots at CNN for their precipitous reporting during the hunt for the Boston Marathon suspects.
On April 17, CNN’s John King was given word from what he said had been, up till then, reliable law-enforcement sources: a perpetrator had been identified and arrested. His now much-mocked report came two days after the terror at the finish line and a day before pictures of the government’s officially designated suspects, the Tsarnaev brothers, were officially released.
At the White House Correspondent’s Dinner on April 28th, the president quipped, “I know CNN has taken some knocks lately, but I admire their commitment to cover all sides of the story, just in case one of them happens to be accurate.”
On “The Daily Show” the day of the gaffe, Jon Stewart ran through clips of CNN’s self-proclaimed “exclusive reporting” on the false arrest. Stewart got more and more faux-excited until finally dunking the ball: “Oh, it’s exclusive because it’s completely [expletive] wrong!”
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please HELP FUND this documentary on JFK’s assassination!
- Talkin’ World War One Blues…
- How Australia plans to keep its vaccinated children safe from illnesses that they can’t catch
- On the mass delusion now afflicting liberals (and putting all of us at risk)
- There’s actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in “Russia-gate.”
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- There's actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in "Russia-gate."
- Don't buy these products from Koch Industries!
- How NYU squeezes billions from its students—and where that money goes
- Media Channel
- William Betz
- The Existentialist Cowboy
- Richard Charnin
- Thom Hartmann
- The International Human Press
- Democratic Undergroud
- Online Journal
- Citizens for Legitimate Government
- Evil GOP Bastards
- Fairness & Accuracy in Reporting
- Barry Gordon
- t r u t h o u t
- Writers Voice
- Mainstream Baptist
- alias Bruce
- Words of Power
- Suburban Guerrilla
- Talking Points Memo
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.