U.N. Expert Calls for Halt in Military Robot Development
By NICK CUMMING-BRUCE
Published: May 30, 2013
GENEVA — A United Nations expert called Thursday for a global moratorium on the testing, production and use of armed robots that can select and kill targets without human command.
“War without reflection is mechanical slaughter,” said Christof Heyns, the United Nations special rapporteur on extrajudicial, summary or arbitrary executions.
“A decision to allow machines to be deployed to kill human beings worldwide, whatever weapons they use, deserves a collective pause,” he told the Human Rights Council in Geneva.
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: email@example.com
- Please HELP FUND this documentary on JFK’s assassination!
- Talkin’ World War One Blues…
- How Australia plans to keep its vaccinated children safe from illnesses that they can’t catch
- On the mass delusion now afflicting liberals (and putting all of us at risk)
- There’s actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in “Russia-gate.”
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- There's actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in "Russia-gate."
- Don't buy these products from Koch Industries!
- How NYU squeezes billions from its students—and where that money goes
- William Betz
- Veterans for Common Sense
- Citizens for Legitimate Government
- Talking Points Memo
- Thom Hartmann
- Fairness & Accuracy in Reporting
- Writers Voice
- Mainstream Baptist
- Barry Gordon
- Cody Lyon
- History Unfolding
- Election Defense Alliance
- Media Matters
- Early America
- The International Human Press
- Evil GOP Bastards
- alias Bruce
- Media Channel
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.