OBAMA’S ONGOING JUSTICE SCANDAL
BY BARRY SCOTT SUSSMAN
As the Obama administration is facing multiple growing scandals, both real and imagined, enemies of the administration are investigating various alleged misdeeds. Unfortunately, most of the efforts being leveled against the current regime in Washington are driven by petty partisan agendas and miss the bigger picture of institutionalized abuse at the hands of the federal government. Arguably, many of the same people now investigating the unlawful seizure of the Associated Press’ phone records previously supported, and continue to support, numerous efforts to further enhance the federal government’s investigative power through abusive laws like the Patriot Act. A similar observation can be made of those looking into the IRS’ targeting of perceived political enemies. Obama is hardly the first, and unlikely to be the last, president who has used the near limitless power of the IRS to further a political agenda. Unfortunately, most of those who feign outrage at this latest IRS abuse appear to be more interested in scoring political points than in curbing abusive government action against citizens. Many of this administration’s harshest critics were oddly silent when the preceding administration engaged in similarly violative acts.
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Democrats are partying like it’s 1952, and they’re Republicans—or Birchers.
- Two more on why Flynn went down…
- Why they made Trump dump Flynn (and what about Obama?)
- What news out of Japan is “fit to print,” according to the New York Times? Their choice could make you sick…
- On “killers” working for OUR government, Trump spoke the truth—and our “free press” freaked out…
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- Election theft in Michigan and Florida may have been more dramatic than we think… on
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- Democrats are partying like it's 1952, and they're Republicans—or Birchers.
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- Two things that never happened: "the Bowling Green massacre," and "Russia's invasion of Ukraine"
- Local sheriff wanted Phillip Marshall's home professionally cleaned after the murder
- Richard Charnin
- Cody Lyon
- Early America
- History Unfolding
- Fairness & Accuracy in Reporting
- Thom Hartmann
- Writers Voice
- Online Journal
- alias Bruce
- The International Human Press
- The Rude Pudit
- Evil GOP Bastards
- Democratic Undergroud
- The Ostroy Report
- Mainstream Baptist
- Words of Power
- Suburban Guerrilla
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.