Senate Passes Bills to Allow Lever Machine Voting
Added by New York State Senate on May 6, 2013.
Saved under Politics & Government
Tags: Albany, Government, New York State Senate, Politics
The New York State Senate today passed two bills that would allow for the use of lever-style voting machines in non-federal elections in New York City, and in elections held by villages, school districts and special districts.
Legislation (S4088B), sponsored by Senator Martin Golden (R-C, Brooklyn), would allow New York City to use lever voting machines for all non-federal elections, including the upcoming primary, run-off and general elections this fall. In addition, the bill would to move the date for a potential run-off election in New York City from September 24th to October 1st to avoid a conflict with the Jewish holiday Sukkot.
“The lever voting machines had been successfully used in New York for over 100 years. They have proven to be reliable and easy for voters to use,” Senator Golden said. “In addition, using lever voting machines will expedite the canvass of votes cast in the primary election and reduce the number of paper ballots that would need to be hand-counted.”
One Comment to “NY Senate passes 2 bills to allow lever-machine voting”
The Hidden History of the JFK Assassination
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Those robo-cops in Ferguson—and not just there—are out to kill the poor (MUST-READ by Kareem Abdul-Jabbar)
- Detroit protesters win a moratorium on water shutoff, call for probe of vast corruption
- Another view of why the CDC owns that patent on Ebola
- Russians offer evidence of Kiev’s trigger hand in MH17 downing
- Why are all those trolls out there? NYTimes’ Fahrad Manjoo blames “incivility”—not the state or corporations
- best toddler booster car seat on Election fraud or “voter fraud”? Jonathan Simon wipes the floor with vote-blocker Hans von Spakovsky
- blaze doric on Calling Russia “the aggressor,” US is the one that wants a war
- Bestblurayplayerreviews2014.com on Why is Disney sucking up to the far right?
- Jonelle on Did Romney cheat as well as lie?
- Working Hay Day Hacks on Big Pharma’s faking a “grass-roots” campaign to keep Jenny McCarthy off “The View”
- Russians offer evidence of Kiev's trigger hand in MH17 downing
- Don't buy these products from Koch Industries!
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- "The Laramie Project" is a potent propaganda fantasy about the life and death of Matthew Shepard
- Why are all those trolls out there? NYTimes' Fahrad Manjoo blames "incivility"—not the state or corporations
- Media Matters
- Mainstream Baptist
- Veterans for Common Sense
- alias Bruce
- Democratic Undergroud
- Evil GOP Bastards
- Thom Hartmann
- Media Channel
- Words of Power
- t r u t h o u t
- The Rude Pudit
- The Ostroy Report
- The International Human Press
- Citizens for Legitimate Government
- The Existentialist Cowboy
- Fairness & Accuracy in Reporting
- Richard Charnin
- Early America
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.