Senate Passes Bills to Allow Lever Machine Voting
Added by New York State Senate on May 6, 2013.
Saved under Politics & Government
Tags: Albany, Government, New York State Senate, Politics
The New York State Senate today passed two bills that would allow for the use of lever-style voting machines in non-federal elections in New York City, and in elections held by villages, school districts and special districts.
Legislation (S4088B), sponsored by Senator Martin Golden (R-C, Brooklyn), would allow New York City to use lever voting machines for all non-federal elections, including the upcoming primary, run-off and general elections this fall. In addition, the bill would to move the date for a potential run-off election in New York City from September 24th to October 1st to avoid a conflict with the Jewish holiday Sukkot.
“The lever voting machines had been successfully used in New York for over 100 years. They have proven to be reliable and easy for voters to use,” Senator Golden said. “In addition, using lever voting machines will expedite the canvass of votes cast in the primary election and reduce the number of paper ballots that would need to be hand-counted.”
One Comment to “NY Senate passes 2 bills to allow lever-machine voting”
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: email@example.com
- ISIS, Inc. (They’re making out like bandits…)
- NYPD arrests a musician for singing, although he broke no law (VIDEO)
- Greece is losing its free press to fascist violence
- What we’ve done to Iraq with our DU is “genocide,” their doctors rightly say
- WashPost (channeling Langley) slanders Gary Webb AGAIN
- Zack Taylor on Spooks in academia
- susan on Manhattan’s latest giant eyesore will have three floors just for “maid’s rooms”
- blaze doric on Calling Russia “the aggressor,” US is the one that wants a war
- Jonelle on Did Romney cheat as well as lie?
- Die Woche im Rückspiegel betrachtet | Lars Schall on Forbidden Bookshelf
- Don't buy these products from Koch Industries!
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- GOP site offers plan to infiltrate left/liberal sites with trolls posing as "progressives"
- MetroPCS is blocking Netflix, Skype and other sites--unless you pay extra
- Suburban Guerrilla
- Barry Gordon
- Richard Charnin
- History Unfolding
- The Ostroy Report
- Mainstream Baptist
- Thom Hartmann
- alias Bruce
- Citizens for Legitimate Government
- Election Defense Alliance
- t r u t h o u t
- Early America
- Media Channel
- William Betz
- Online Journal
- Fairness & Accuracy in Reporting
- Words of Power
- Writers Voice
- Veterans for Common Sense