Goldman Sachs Hires Particle Physicist From Large Hadron Collider: Report
Posted: 05/15/2013 3:01 pm EDT | Updated: 05/15/2013 3:06 pm EDT
Apparently hunting for the “God particle” is not nearly as exciting or lucrative as doing “God’s work” for Goldman Sachs.
Goldman has recently hired a physicist named Ryan Buckingham away from the Large Hadron Collider at the European Organization for Nuclear Research (a/k/a CERN) in Switzerland, reports Sarah Butcher of the UK Web site eFinancialCareers.
The Large Hadron Collider is the world’s largest particle accelerator, known for recently finding evidence of the Higgs boson, also known as the “God particle” because it gives subatomic particles their mass, or something like that. (I’m not strong with the maths!)
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: email@example.com
- How Australia plans to keep its vaccinated children safe from illnesses that they can’t catch
- On the mass delusion now afflicting liberals (and putting all of us at risk)
- There’s actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in “Russia-gate.”
- NYU is built for WAR! (Who knew?)
- HuffPost ran this strong defense of Bobby Kennedy, Jr.—then took it down just minutes later.
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- Election theft in Michigan and Florida may have been more dramatic than we think… on
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- There's actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in "Russia-gate."
- Don't buy these products from Koch Industries!
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- Where the money goes at NYU
- Election Defense Alliance
- The Rude Pudit
- Media Matters
- Democratic Undergroud
- Veterans for Common Sense
- William Betz
- Barry Gordon
- Thom Hartmann
- Mainstream Baptist
- The Ostroy Report
- Evil GOP Bastards
- Talking Points Memo
- Suburban Guerrilla
- Media Channel
- The Existentialist Cowboy
- Richard Charnin
- Words of Power
- Cody Lyon
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.