From Steve Horn:
Fresh new discovery on DeSmogBlog hot off the press!
In a nutshell: ExxonMobil “Aviation Advisor” Tom Suhrhoff is overseeing the FAA no fly zone being imposed in Mayweather, Arkansas—not even the federal government that’s actually supposed to be imposing and overseeing it.
In other words, as Inside Climate News pointed out in an earlier story, they’re running the show in Mayweather, just as happened with the disastrous BP oil spill in the Gulf almost three years ago.
Check out our piece excerpted below and pass it along far and wide. Cross-posts welcome, of course, but please direct link back to DeSmogBlog.
Exxon’s Unfriendly Skies: Why Does Exxon Control the No-Fly Zone Over Arkansas Tar Sands Spill?
The Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) has had a “no fly zone” in place in Mayflower, Arkansas since April 1 at 2:12 PM and will be in place “until further notice,” according to the FAA website and it’s being overseen by ExxonMobil itself. In other words, any media or independent observers who want to witness the tar sands spill disaster have to ask Exxon’s permission.
The Arkansas Democrat-Gazette revealed that the FAA site noted earlier today that “only relief aircraft operations under direction of Tom Suhrhoff” were allowed within the designated no fly zone.
Suhrhoff is not an FAA employee: he works for ExxonMobil as an “Aviation Advisor” and formerly worked as a U.S. Army pilot for 24 years, according to his LinkedIn page.
From Lee Camp:
The FAA [i.e., Exxon] has now made the air over the Arkansas oil spill a no-fly zone, which means the fumes are dangerous to aircraft. What do you think those fumes do to humans? Here again is the shocking aerial footage of the spill (which 1,000 people watched each hour since it was posted).
One Comment to “No-fly zone over Arkansas! Exxon controls the skies over tar sands oil spill (2)”
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: email@example.com
- Please HELP FUND this documentary on JFK’s assassination!
- Talkin’ World War One Blues…
- How Australia plans to keep its vaccinated children safe from illnesses that they can’t catch
- On the mass delusion now afflicting liberals (and putting all of us at risk)
- There’s actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in “Russia-gate.”
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- There's actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in "Russia-gate."
- Please HELP FUND this documentary on JFK's assassination!
- How NYU squeezes billions from its students—and where that money goes
- Democratic Undergroud
- Media Channel
- Mainstream Baptist
- History Unfolding
- Writers Voice
- The Rude Pudit
- alias Bruce
- Barry Gordon
- Words of Power
- Evil GOP Bastards
- Early America
- t r u t h o u t
- Richard Charnin
- Online Journal
- Cody Lyon
- Citizens for Legitimate Government
- Fairness & Accuracy in Reporting
- Thom Hartmann
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.