Stephen Colbert’s Sister Will Run for U.S. House on 100% Unverifiable Voting Machines in SC
And the ‘truthiness’ contained in new state auditor’s report on those flawed systems won’t help…
When Stephen Colbert’s older sister, Elizabeth Colbert Busch (D), faces her likely opponent, former Gov. Mark Sanford (R), in the May 7th U.S. House special election in South Carolina, it will all take place, once again, on the state’s oft-failed, easily-hacked, always 100% unverifiable touch-screen voting systems. [NOTE: Unfortunately, despite today’s date, this post is not an April Fools joke.]
The candidate announced as the “winner” of that election, based on those unverifiable voting systems, will either be the one who received the most votes from SC voters in the 1st Congressional District — or the one who didn’t. There will never be any way for anybody to know for sure one way or the other.
For that matter, after Sanford faces off with Curtis Bostic in Tuesday’s Republican primary run-off election for the nomination, neither candidate will be able to know for certain whether they’ve actually won or lost that election either. This is South Carolina “democracy” in 2013 (and in at least one third of the country elsewhere.)
To make matters still worse, the state’s Legislative Audit Council (LAC) has just released a new report on those failed voting systems. Unfortunately, the report includes a huge flaw which, when I pointed it out to Perry K. Simpson, Director of the LAC on Friday, his response was: “I see your point”…
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- How Australia plans to keep its vaccinated children safe from illnesses that they can’t catch
- On the mass delusion now afflicting liberals (and putting all of us at risk)
- There’s actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in “Russia-gate.”
- NYU is built for WAR! (Who knew?)
- HuffPost ran this strong defense of Bobby Kennedy, Jr.—then took it down just minutes later.
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- Election theft in Michigan and Florida may have been more dramatic than we think… on
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- There's actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in "Russia-gate."
- Don't buy these products from Koch Industries!
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- Where the money goes at NYU
- Evil GOP Bastards
- The Existentialist Cowboy
- Writers Voice
- Veterans for Common Sense
- Early America
- Democratic Undergroud
- The Rude Pudit
- Cody Lyon
- Online Journal
- Fairness & Accuracy in Reporting
- Mainstream Baptist
- The International Human Press
- Citizens for Legitimate Government
- Richard Charnin
- History Unfolding
- Media Channel
- Election Defense Alliance
- Talking Points Memo
- Words of Power
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.