As hundreds of thousands of gallons of oil seep across Mayflower, Arkansas, former President Bill Clinton and former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton have been as mute as a couple of Exxon executives.
I certainly hope their silence doesn’t have anything to do with the contributions ExxonMobil has made to the Clinton Foundation. The oil company sponsored the 2009 Clinton Global Initiative in which Rex Tillerson, Chairman and CEO of ExxonMobil, participated in a plenary session, ’Invest in Girls and Women.’ In 2008, ExxonMobil gave $3.5 million to the Clinton Foundation’s malaria elimination efforts. Exxon gave $20,348 to Hillary’s campaign in 2008.
As it relates to current policy debates, the oil spill could threaten the Keystone Pipeline which Bill Clinton urged us all to “embrace.” It is worth noting that Keystone lobbyist DLA Piper gave Hillary more than $500,000 during the 2008 election cycle, the most of any candidate they contributed to that year. In the 1992 and 1996 election cycles, Bill Clinton was DLA Piper’s number one recipient.
Mayflower is just spitting distance from the green lawns of the Little Rock governor’s mansion, but the Clinton’s left home a long time ago.
Y’all come back now, ya hear?
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please HELP FUND this documentary on JFK’s assassination!
- Talkin’ World War One Blues…
- How Australia plans to keep its vaccinated children safe from illnesses that they can’t catch
- On the mass delusion now afflicting liberals (and putting all of us at risk)
- There’s actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in “Russia-gate.”
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- Please HELP FUND this documentary on JFK's assassination!
- There's actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in "Russia-gate."
- US forced Iraqis to buy seeds from Monsanto—and now we're ALL under the gun! (2)
- Words of Power
- Talking Points Memo
- Media Channel
- Evil GOP Bastards
- Online Journal
- Early America
- The Ostroy Report
- The Existentialist Cowboy
- The International Human Press
- Cody Lyon
- History Unfolding
- Citizens for Legitimate Government
- Fairness & Accuracy in Reporting
- Veterans for Common Sense
- William Betz
- The Rude Pudit
- Media Matters
- Election Defense Alliance
- Thom Hartmann
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.