No charges will come against Gov. Walker from Milwaukee John Doe investigation
By WTMJ News Team
CREATED 8:30 AM – UPDATED: 9:04 AM
MILWAUKEE – TODAY’S TMJ4’s Charles Benson reports that the secret investigation that has surrounded Governor Walker during his time as Milwaukee County Executive has ended without any additional charges. Governor Walker was never charged during the investigation.
That investigation, which started in 2010, involves events which happened when he was Milwaukee County Executive.
Three former employees and three other people were convicted of charges connected to District Attorney John Chisholm’s investigation:
– William Gardner, for excessive political contributions
– Kevin Kavanaugh, for stealing money from a veterans non-profit group
– Brian Pierick, on a misdemeanor for contributing to the delinquency of a minor
– Kelly Rindfleisch, for felony misconduct in a plea deal
– Timothy Russell, for stealing money from a veterans non-profit group
– Darlene Wink, for working on a Walker political campaign during County work time
Walker has said throughout the process that he has been assisting and cooperating with the investigation.