Emirates gay rights group slam NYU for promoting campus in UAE
Gay rights group ask NYU’s president, John Sexton, what comes first in it’s Abdu Dhabi’s campus: profit or information freedom, diversity and ethics?
22 MARCH 2013 | BY DAN LITTAUER
Emirates gay rights group ask NYU and its president, John Sexton, what comes first in NYU’s Abdu Dhabi’s campus: profit or information freedom, diversity and ethics?
John Sexton, president of the prestigious New York University (NYU), along with its executive, was asked by the United Arab Emirates (UAE) gay rights group over the ethics and conduct regarding their flagship Abu Dhabi campus.
Earlier this week it was revealed that Sexton answered dismissively to NYU professors riasing concerns if gay students would be unwelcome in Abu Dhabi, stating: ‘I would say to any student here that wants to go to the Abu Dhabi campus, “Go”. Gay students, Israeli students, I refuse to think in those categories’.
Sexton lost this week a non-binding no confidence vote by NYU professors as to his role of expanding the flag ship campus, as part of the university, on equal pairing to the New York location.
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: email@example.com
- Democrats are partying like it’s 1952, and they’re Republicans—or Birchers.
- Two more on why Flynn went down…
- Why they made Trump dump Flynn (and what about Obama?)
- What news out of Japan is “fit to print,” according to the New York Times? Their choice could make you sick…
- On “killers” working for OUR government, Trump spoke the truth—and our “free press” freaked out…
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- Election theft in Michigan and Florida may have been more dramatic than we think… on
- Democrats are partying like it's 1952, and they're Republicans—or Birchers.
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- Two more on why Flynn went down...
- Local sheriff wanted Phillip Marshall's home professionally cleaned after the murder
- Early America
- Mainstream Baptist
- Talking Points Memo
- Words of Power
- The International Human Press
- Media Matters
- Election Defense Alliance
- Online Journal
- The Ostroy Report
- Suburban Guerrilla
- Cody Lyon
- Writers Voice
- Veterans for Common Sense
- The Rude Pudit
- Democratic Undergroud
- Citizens for Legitimate Government
- Richard Charnin
- Fairness & Accuracy in Reporting
- The Existentialist Cowboy
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.