In less than one week, nearly 100,000 people have signed the petition in support of the newly re-introduced Student Loan Forgiveness Act, now called The Student Loan Fairness Act (H.R. 1330)!
If you haven’t already signed, please do so right away. The only reason you’re receiving this email is because you signed on to support the original forgiveness act – the new bill is nearly identical, but with several improvements (permanently capping interest rates at 3.4%, limits on the capitalization of interest, ensuring that forgivness under any repayment plan is treated as non-taxable income).
If you already signed the petition, I cannot stress enough the importance of sharing the link to the petition with everyone you know:
The petition in favor of last year’s Forgiveness Act reached over 1.18 Million signatures and I absolutely believe we can do it again. I need each and every one of you to take a few moments of your time to email your friends, family, neighbors and co-workers and tell them about the importance of this bill. To quickly and easily share the link to the petition on Facebook and Twitter, please use the following links:
Thank you, as always, for your continued support. Now, let’s get to signing and sharing!
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: email@example.com
- How Australia plans to keep its vaccinated children safe from illnesses that they can’t catch
- On the mass delusion now afflicting liberals (and putting all of us at risk)
- There’s actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in “Russia-gate.”
- NYU is built for WAR! (Who knew?)
- HuffPost ran this strong defense of Bobby Kennedy, Jr.—then took it down just minutes later.
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- Election theft in Michigan and Florida may have been more dramatic than we think… on
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- There's actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in "Russia-gate."
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- Don't buy these products from Koch Industries!
- How NYU squeezes billions from its students—and where that money goes
- Democratic Undergroud
- Fairness & Accuracy in Reporting
- Media Channel
- History Unfolding
- Talking Points Memo
- Thom Hartmann
- Evil GOP Bastards
- The Ostroy Report
- Media Matters
- Election Defense Alliance
- Mainstream Baptist
- Words of Power
- Early America
- Writers Voice
- t r u t h o u t
- The Existentialist Cowboy
- The International Human Press
- Online Journal
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.