… here in Time Warner City, New York.
Time Warner Cable Ruins Everything
Posted by Kristin Iversen on Fri, Mar 15, 2013 at 11:40 AM
Those of us who are stuck dealing with Time Warner Cable (and, yes, I know it’s always an option not to have cable, but also, really, it’s not an option for me) already know that Time Warner Cable is the worst. I mean, TWC put Sir Patrick Stewart through hell! You do not fuck with Jean-Luc Picard, you just don’t. Unless you’re Magneto, I guess. And, yes, I know I just mixed up franchises, but I don’t even care because I’m so upset about what Time Warner Cable is screwing with this time. So upset.
The newest evil plot by the TWC overlords was reported on by the Daily News today. Time Warner Cable will be renaming iconic New York City station NY1 and calling it “TWC News.” The News reports that TWC is doing this because “top brass at Time Warner want you to know that they own NY1 — and when consumers switch to a rival like Verizon they will lose the news channel. To hammer home that point, NY1 will undergo a ‘rebranding’ and name change to TWC News.”
I hate this so much. Apparently, “the changes are the result of market research that found Time Warner subscribers were not aware that Time Warner owned NY1.” But that’s a good thing! It’s good that no one knows NY1 is not operated by Time Warner Cable because the love New Yorkers have for NY1 is directly proportional to the hatred we have for TWC. Why kill that love? Why are you trying to kill all the love, Time Warner Cable?
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- How Australia plans to keep its vaccinated children safe from illnesses that they can’t catch
- On the mass delusion now afflicting liberals (and putting all of us at risk)
- There’s actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in “Russia-gate.”
- NYU is built for WAR! (Who knew?)
- HuffPost ran this strong defense of Bobby Kennedy, Jr.—then took it down just minutes later.
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- Election theft in Michigan and Florida may have been more dramatic than we think… on
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- There's actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in "Russia-gate."
- Don't buy these products from Koch Industries!
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- Update on the strange death of Nancy Schaefer
- The Existentialist Cowboy
- Election Defense Alliance
- Citizens for Legitimate Government
- Fairness & Accuracy in Reporting
- Talking Points Memo
- Veterans for Common Sense
- Democratic Undergroud
- Evil GOP Bastards
- The International Human Press
- alias Bruce
- Writers Voice
- Early America
- t r u t h o u t
- Suburban Guerrilla
- Online Journal
- Thom Hartmann
- Media Matters
- The Ostroy Report
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.