Upcoming and Recent Events
• Tuesday, March 12, 2013, 5:30 PM: The City Services and Budget Committee of Community Board 5 will meet 5:30 p.m. at the Board Office, 450 Seventh Ave, Suite 2109, to discuss and respond to the Mayor’s Preliminary budget. The Community Board should be asked to oppose the Central Library Plan and the shrinkage of the City’s libraries, particularly the main libraries within their district for the sake of all New Yorkers in the city, to oppose the defunding of libraries being used as an excuse for these real estate deals and should be asked to stand up and demand that Donnell Library (also being consolidated in the shrinkage of the CLP) be restored to it original size or bigger, rather than being shrunk to ½ or 1/3 of its previous size.
• Wednesday, March 13, 10:00 AM: Join the District Council 37 Local 1930 New York Public Library Guild Rally on the steps of City Hall for an immediate change to a permanent baseline funding for New York City’s libraries.
• Saturday, March 16, 2:00 – 4:00 PM: Canvassing outside Brooklyn Heights Branch and Business and Career Library (weather reasonably permitting).
• Sunday, March 17, 4:00 PM: Progressive Community Building Event, Brooklyn Heights (Clark & Monroe) Petition signers are invited to click on the link to sign up for this event (on Moveon.org) where next steps in our campaign will be discussed.
• Create Your Own Event!!!: It might be canvassing outside your own libaray or library of your choice. Or maybe an information event at your school or church. Contact us if you would like our help or suggestions. We can post information about your event here. We will also be happy to coordinate to send a represntative to your event.