Lew in NYU stew
By GEOFF EARLE Bureau Chief
Last Updated: 12:21 AM, February 15, 2013
Posted: 11:58 PM, February 14, 2013
WASHINGTON — Jack Lew’s time as an executive at New York University — when the school was accused of steering students to pricey Citigroup loans — is triggering problems for his Treasury Secretary confirmation because he left the school to work for the bank, The Post has learned.
Lew served as executive vice president for operations at NYU from 2001 to 2006 — during which time the school was investigated for making Citigroup a preferred lender in exchange for “sweeteners,” cash and other incentives, according to the New York Attorney General’s office at the time.
NYU settled the probe by returning $1.4 million to students and did not admit or deny guilt.
Lew left NYU for a job at Citigroup.
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- How Australia plans to keep its vaccinated children safe from illnesses that they can’t catch
- On the mass delusion now afflicting liberals (and putting all of us at risk)
- There’s actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in “Russia-gate.”
- NYU is built for WAR! (Who knew?)
- HuffPost ran this strong defense of Bobby Kennedy, Jr.—then took it down just minutes later.
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- Election theft in Michigan and Florida may have been more dramatic than we think… on
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- There's actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in "Russia-gate."
- Don't buy these products from Koch Industries!
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- Update on the strange death of Nancy Schaefer
- alias Bruce
- Richard Charnin
- Democratic Undergroud
- Online Journal
- Thom Hartmann
- Citizens for Legitimate Government
- Media Matters
- Fairness & Accuracy in Reporting
- Words of Power
- Cody Lyon
- The Ostroy Report
- The Rude Pudit
- Veterans for Common Sense
- The International Human Press
- Early America
- Evil GOP Bastards
- History Unfolding
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.