TSA to Remove Naked Body Scanners from ALL U.S. Airports
Mass activism combined with a number of successful public awareness campaigns regarding the TSA and its naked body scanners have finally paid off, forcing the agency to remove all of its naked body scanners after its software partner OSI Systems Inc. couldn’t find a less invasive form of naked body scanner software that didn’t save such a detailed image of the naked body. A change that Congress required under a near deadline, reports Bloomberg.
In other words, the famous body scanners that are known to actually save images of your naked body (many of which leaked on to the net) are actually so majorly intrusive that even the software company itself is saying that despite modifications the scanner system will still capture a naked body in detail. Amazingly, they could not even re-code their software sufficiently enough to even reduce the obscene nature of the scanners. The conclusion ended the $5 million contract between OSI and the TSA.
Help us speak truth to power. Donate what you can afford to support NationofChange.
All 174 Rapiscan machines, which remain after an initial reduction of 76 scanners last year, will now be removed. The TSA will also be absorbing the costs. The agency will also still be using other ‘less invasive’ scanners throughout some airports that should be crusaded against as well. It is unfortunate that the TSA will attempt to pull a fast one here, but with any luck the momentum from the naked body scanners will carry over.
One Comment to “TSA getting rid of naked body scanners at all US airports”
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- How Australia plans to keep its vaccinated children safe from illnesses that they can’t catch
- On the mass delusion now afflicting liberals (and putting all of us at risk)
- There’s actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in “Russia-gate.”
- NYU is built for WAR! (Who knew?)
- HuffPost ran this strong defense of Bobby Kennedy, Jr.—then took it down just minutes later.
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- Election theft in Michigan and Florida may have been more dramatic than we think… on
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- There's actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in "Russia-gate."
- Don't buy these products from Koch Industries!
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- Update on the strange death of Nancy Schaefer
- Citizens for Legitimate Government
- Online Journal
- Thom Hartmann
- Writers Voice
- Early America
- The Ostroy Report
- Mainstream Baptist
- Cody Lyon
- The International Human Press
- History Unfolding
- Veterans for Common Sense
- Evil GOP Bastards
- Fairness & Accuracy in Reporting
- Suburban Guerrilla
- Barry Gordon
- Election Defense Alliance
- Words of Power
- alias Bruce
- Media Matters
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.