January 29, 2013
NBC’s Todd Mocks Election Fraud Critics, Wins Washington Applause
By Andrew Kreig
NBC Political Director Chuck Todd ridiculed election machine critics at a major conference of vote-counters last weekend — thereby underscoring how Washington works.
Todd told the National Association of Secretaries of State that their critics must be paranoid to fear that anyone would deliberately alter results. Allegations against Karl Rove, above, are among the most common.
“That’s just stretching the bounds of reality,” NBC’s chief White House correspondent said in response to my question asking him to amplify his Tweet last fall on vote-tampering claims. “That’s feeding the conspiracy.” Todd had Tweeted: “The voting machine conspiracies belong in same category as the Trump birther garbage.”
The Hidden History of the JFK Assassination
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- New York City hasn’t had this many homeless children since the Great Depression
- An online auction that will rock your world—and help us save the Village!
- Obama’s TPP is everything that Ronald Reagan ever hoped for
- Japan state secrets bill “approved” by force, as Abe starts new “reign of terror” to keep Fukushima under wraps (7)
- Dubai jails a US citizen for posting a comedy video to YouTube #freeshez
- Internet Marketing Agentur 6020 on Private cop organization, linked to DHS, helped plan raids on OWS nationwide
- wombat on What’s the matter with Alabama? Roger Shuler kept in jail indefinitely, paraded into court IN CHAINS
- Fukushima’s toxic ocean plume will reach US waters in 2014 :: News … | Save The Pacific Ocean on Fukushima’s toxic ocean plume will reach US waters in 2014
- Gus Wynn on Does Rachel Maddow lay off MSNBC sponsors?
- Robin Roland on Score one (at last) for the Election Integrity movement!
- Don't buy these products from Koch Industries!
- Please SIGN Elizabeth Warren's petition to halt "fast track" of TPP!
- Clear Channel to shut down leftwing talk stations in LA, SF
- Iceland, in a peaceful revolution, busts the banksters & throws out its government! (Now THAT's democracy!)
- Richard Charnin
- Thom Hartmann
- Writers Voice
- Early America
- Talking Points Memo
- Suburban Guerrilla
- William Betz
- Veterans for Common Sense
- Election Defense Alliance
- Online Journal
- Media Matters
- The Existentialist Cowboy
- Words of Power
- alias Bruce
- Media Channel
- Cody Lyon
- Fairness & Accuracy in Reporting
- Evil GOP Bastards
- History Unfolding
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.