USAF to help transport French troops to Mali
By Jeff Schogol – Staff writer
Posted : Thursday Jan 17, 2013 21:30:35 EST
The U.S. Air Force will help to transport French troops to Mali, where they are battling Islamist rebels, U.S. officials confirmed Thursday.
Officials could not provide any details about how many aircraft will be involved in helping to airlift French forces.
U.S. officials have not yet decided whether to also send aerial tankers to refuel French aircraft or provide unmanned surveillance drones for French troops on the ground, according to the Wall Street Journal.
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: email@example.com
- How Australia plans to keep its vaccinated children safe from illnesses that they can’t catch
- On the mass delusion now afflicting liberals (and putting all of us at risk)
- There’s actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in “Russia-gate.”
- NYU is built for WAR! (Who knew?)
- HuffPost ran this strong defense of Bobby Kennedy, Jr.—then took it down just minutes later.
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- Election theft in Michigan and Florida may have been more dramatic than we think… on
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- There's actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in "Russia-gate."
- Don't buy these products from Koch Industries!
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- Where the money goes at NYU
- Citizens for Legitimate Government
- Thom Hartmann
- alias Bruce
- Early America
- Writers Voice
- The Rude Pudit
- Evil GOP Bastards
- Media Channel
- Richard Charnin
- Media Matters
- Cody Lyon
- History Unfolding
- Democratic Undergroud
- The Ostroy Report
- Talking Points Memo
- Online Journal
- Suburban Guerrilla
- Barry Gordon
- The International Human Press
- The Existentialist Cowboy
- Election Defense Alliance
- Fairness & Accuracy in Reporting
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.