Scientists warn of sperm count crisis
Biggest-ever study confirms drastic decline in male reproductive health
Wednesday 05 December 2012
The reproductive health of the average male is in sharp decline, the world’s largest study of the quality and concentration of sperm has found.
Between 1989 and 2005, average sperm counts fell by a third in the study of 26,000 men, increasing their risk of infertility. The amount of healthy sperm was also reduced, by a similar proportion.
The findings confirm research over the past 20 years that has shown sperm counts declining in many countries across the world. Reasons ranging from tight underwear to toxins in the environment have been advanced to explain the fall, but still no definitive cause has been found.
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Kati Marton on “The Polk Conspiracy”—a gem on the Forbidden Bookshelf (MUST-READ)
- MI5’s fat file on Eric Hobsbawm included stuff the Nazis had collected on him
- Under TPP, the power of international investors will be ABSOLUTE—and ObamaCo has lied and lied about it
- Did NYU hire a private eye to dig for dirt on one of its professors, and a NYTimes reporter? (Looks like it….)
- Top US scientists—those working at Los Alamos—say NO to vaccines for their kids
- Please SIGN Elizabeth Warren’s petition to halt “fast track” of TPP! on
- Education should be free, and so should student debtors on
- Exit polls in Florida show Democrat way, way ahead in race for governor on
- Don’t buy these products from Koch Industries! on
- PETITION to the US State Department from the family of Dr. Robert Black on
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- Don't buy these products from Koch Industries!
- Kati Marton on "The Polk Conspiracy"—a gem on the Forbidden Bookshelf (MUST-READ)
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- Democrats won't say a word about high-flying pedophile (and FOB) Jeffrey Epstein---and neither will Republicans! (How come?)
- Suburban Guerrilla
- alias Bruce
- Democratic Undergroud
- Fairness & Accuracy in Reporting
- Media Matters
- Talking Points Memo
- Veterans for Common Sense
- Thom Hartmann
- William Betz
- The Existentialist Cowboy
- The Ostroy Report
- Barry Gordon
- Evil GOP Bastards
- History Unfolding
- Writers Voice
- Richard Charnin
- Online Journal
- Media Channel
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.