Arson Seen in Attack on Ex-Israeli Spy
December 3, 2012
Exclusive: Suspected arson destroyed the Montreal home of ex-Israeli intelligence officer Ari Ben-Menashe, who says he escaped through a rear door. It’s unclear if the fire was an assassination attempt to finally silence a man who has angered the Israeli government, powerful Republicans and others, writes Robert Parry.
By Robert Parry
Ex-Israeli intelligence officer Ari Ben-Menashe says he narrowly survived a possible assassination attempt Sunday night when his upscale home in Montreal was set ablaze in what Canadian authorities are describing as suspected arson. Police cited how quickly the house was ravaged and noted that a suspicious person was seen fleeing the scene shortly after the fire began.
In a phone call with me on Monday, Ben-Menashe said that when he detected the fire, he alerted a woman staying in the house to flee and then was able to escape through a back door. But he said everything inside was destroyed, including his passport, personal papers and his clothing. “Everything is gone,” Ben-Menashe said.
The Hidden History of the JFK Assassination
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- WashPost goes all Ministry of Truth on “Putin’s propoganda” [sic]
- PA finds (at least) 243 cases of drinking water poisoned by the frackers
- Where’s the evidence of that “Russian invasion”? US intel officers warn Merkel not to buy it
- Guantanamo defense attorney quits, says case is “stacked”
- What they’re fighting for in East Ukraine (MUST-SEE)
- blaze doric on Calling Russia “the aggressor,” US is the one that wants a war
- Jonelle on Did Romney cheat as well as lie?
- Die Woche im Rückspiegel betrachtet | Lars Schall on Forbidden Bookshelf
- http://iclworld.ru on Eight BIG PROBLEMS with the “case” against Assange (MUST-READ by Naomi Wolf)
- Pressure at work on “Liberal election fraud running rampant” in Arizona, say Tea-Baggers!
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- Don't buy these products from Koch Industries!
- 6 Big Lies about Ukraine and Russia
- What they're fighting for in East Ukraine (MUST-SEE)
- The New Yorker scores one for Monsanto with its "profile" of Vandana Shiva
- Evil GOP Bastards
- William Betz
- Media Matters
- Barry Gordon
- Fairness & Accuracy in Reporting
- Democratic Undergroud
- Talking Points Memo
- Writers Voice
- The Existentialist Cowboy
- The Rude Pudit
- Richard Charnin
- Veterans for Common Sense
- alias Bruce
- Early America
- History Unfolding
- Thom Hartmann
- Online Journal
- Words of Power
- Citizens for Legitimate Government
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.