Mon Dec 03, 2012 at 05:19 PM PST
Update: MICHIGAN: Here’s what the future holds for the whole state.
I’ve posted several lengthy, meandering diaries over the past few days.
This one is short, sweet, and presented without further comment:
Quarter of new teachers in Muskegon Heights school district quit
By Associated Press
Muskegon Heights, Mich. — A quarter of the newly hired teachers in the state-run Muskegon Heights school district have quit since a private company took over its management.
One Comment to “School superintendent warns that Michigan’s Tea Party rulers want to wipe out public education”
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Democrats are partying like it’s 1952, and they’re Republicans—or Birchers.
- Two more on why Flynn went down…
- Why they made Trump dump Flynn (and what about Obama?)
- What news out of Japan is “fit to print,” according to the New York Times? Their choice could make you sick…
- On “killers” working for OUR government, Trump spoke the truth—and our “free press” freaked out…
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- Election theft in Michigan and Florida may have been more dramatic than we think… on
- Democrats are partying like it's 1952, and they're Republicans—or Birchers.
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- Two more on why Flynn went down...
- Local sheriff wanted Phillip Marshall's home professionally cleaned after the murder
- Evil GOP Bastards
- alias Bruce
- Media Matters
- Writers Voice
- Fairness & Accuracy in Reporting
- Veterans for Common Sense
- The Rude Pudit
- Early America
- Online Journal
- Cody Lyon
- The International Human Press
- Democratic Undergroud
- Election Defense Alliance
- Citizens for Legitimate Government
- Mainstream Baptist
- Media Channel
- Barry Gordon
- t r u t h o u t
- The Ostroy Report
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.