From Jessica Feldman:
As many of probably know, graduate employees have been in a long-battle with the NYU administration over our right to form a union and collectively bargain over a contract for work we provide the university. A ruling by the National Labor Relations Board, hopefully very soon, will likely force NYU to recognize our majority and allow a union election to go forward.
If you support grad employees’ right to choose a union — and oppose the administration’s ongoing attempt to block that process — please consider signing this petition that’s now circulating (see link). It already has the support of over 1100 grad employees and students, and we’re now seeking support from others, especially undergrads, faculty, and community members.
Also, please forward to other lists you may be on, particularly around NYU!
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: email@example.com
- How Australia plans to keep its vaccinated children safe from illnesses that they can’t catch
- On the mass delusion now afflicting liberals (and putting all of us at risk)
- There’s actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in “Russia-gate.”
- NYU is built for WAR! (Who knew?)
- HuffPost ran this strong defense of Bobby Kennedy, Jr.—then took it down just minutes later.
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- Election theft in Michigan and Florida may have been more dramatic than we think… on
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- There's actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in "Russia-gate."
- Don't buy these products from Koch Industries!
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- Update on the strange death of Nancy Schaefer
- William Betz
- Veterans for Common Sense
- Thom Hartmann
- The Rude Pudit
- Cody Lyon
- Mainstream Baptist
- Fairness & Accuracy in Reporting
- Online Journal
- The Ostroy Report
- Media Matters
- Election Defense Alliance
- The International Human Press
- Suburban Guerrilla
- Barry Gordon
- Citizens for Legitimate Government
- History Unfolding
- t r u t h o u t
- Democratic Undergroud
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.